Chapter 5

Chapter 5

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I turned over in my bed and shut off the alarm with my hand. I stared at the ceiling for a moment, trying to decide if I should get up or not.

Eventually I decided to, and I dragged myself out of bed and into the shower. After getting ready for the day, I put on one of my mom's dresses and packed my bag for the school day.

A few minutes later, there was a knock at my door. I walked over to find Daniel waiting for me. I smiled at the sight of him.

"Good morning," He said cheerfully. "Ready for your test?"

"What test?" I asked him.

"It's like a placement test. They're going to test our magical abilities combined with our personalities to place us in certain groups that we'll be with during the school year." My eyes widened at him.

"Test?"

~~~

"I'm not ready for this." I said as Daniel and I waited outside of an office.

"You'll be fine." He told me. "You're good."

"Daniel Jenkins" A voice called out.

He looked at me, smiled, and entered the room with the woman. As I sat out there waiting, I began to sweat and shake a bit. About 20 minutes later, Daniel walked out of the room and came towards me. He smiled reassuringly.

"You'll do fine." He said, as the lady called my name.

I slowly stood up and walked to the lady. She led me into the room, which was small with a few people sitting at a table.

"Just relax." The woman said, giving me a reassuring smile. I nodded, and she sat next to the other people.

"Alright Annalise. Can you conjure something for us?" A man asked.

I stared at him, and I froze. I wasn't good under pressure. Slowly I brought my hands in front of me, and I tried to concentrate on an image of a pen, something simple. But I was scared. As hard as I tried, nothing appeared. No teal swirls came from my fingertips. After a moment, the man spoke.

"How about levitation. Can you lift this paper for me?" He asked, sliding a sheet in my direction. I tried, but I still couldn't get the paper to move.

"Alright, how about one last thing. Can you produce a spark?"

I took a deep breath, and I held my hands together. I concentrated on electricity in my hands, and I began to feel a buzz, but nothing appeared.

"Alright. We have seen enough." The man said, reaching into a box. He pulled out a purple uniform shirt with a skirt and shoes.

"You're in the purple group, Annalise." He said, handing the uniform to me.

"Change into these uniforms and report to breakfast. "You will be given your schedule afterwards."

I grabbed the uniform and walked out of the conference room.

Well that was a disaster.

I'm surprised I wasn't even kicked out of the school.

I eventually found the cafeteria and saw Daniel waiting for me by the door. He was wearing a green shirt.

"Aw, you're not in the same group." He said sadly. I nodded and gave him a hug. We walked into the cafeteria, got our food, and sat at the same lunch table as yesterday.

"Annalise? Daniel?" A voice asked. We turned our heads to see the same woman who gave us our tests this morning.

"Yeah?" Daniel said.

She handed us each a piece of paper.

"These are your schedules for the year." she said. "The classes with stars next to them are the classes you will have with just your group."

"Alright." Daniel said.

As she walked away, I looked at the schedule.

1: History of Witchcraft

2: Levitation*

3: Transformation*

4: Conjuring*

5. Attack and Defense

I looked at Daniel's paper.

"We only have two together." I told him. "This is gonna be a long year."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment? Please?