A Fathers Love- Hank McCoy x Child! Reader

requested by melissasturges

Warning: mentions of torture, mean cia agents (is that a warning?), fluffy hank :'), also, i have not seen first class in forever so sorry if it's incorrect i'm gonna try

Hank liked his job, to a certain extent. He was doing something he liked but he was hiding the true Hank.

He really didn't talk to any of his coworkers. Frankly, some of them were entitled snobs and just plain rude. So, he didn't really care for whatever they were doing on their spare time or during their shift.

One day, he was told to go down into one of the labs and clean up the mess some of the agents made. He made his way down to the lab and opened the door. It was pitch black. When he pushed the door, it made a creaking noise and he swear he heard a whimper.

"Hello? Is anyone there? I'm not going to hurt you." He carefully flipped the light switch and gasped in horror and disbelief.

In the middle of the room was a cage and in that cage was a little girl. She had to be no older than 8. She had Snow White wings and her eyes were an enchanting violet.

When he came back to his senses, he realized she had rope marks, burns and cuts all over her body. He was in shock. How could someone do this to another person, regardless of they're a mutant or not.

He slowly walked up to the cage and kneeled down to her eye level. "Hi, my names Hank. What's yours?" She backed into the corner of the cage, looking at him with fear in her eyes. He smiled softly at her.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I'm not like the others that come here." Surprisingly, she walked a little closer and sat down a few feet from him.

"Y/n." She whispered softly. He heard and gave her a smile. "Well, y/n, I'm going to help you get out of here. I'll be back here at night, ok?" He went to stand up and she got up and tried to follow him but he had to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just like he promised, he came back later at night and snuck in. He walked down to the lab and opened the door. He turned on his flashlight and whispered out to the little girl. "Y/n, I'm back." He pointed the flashlight over to the cage and saw her wake up and smile. He walked over and opened the door, making a way for her to get out. He led her out and to his car and drove off.

Shortly after, Charles came and approached him with his school and offered him a job and a place to live, so he quit the cia and took you to go live with Charles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few years later, you ran around the school, playing hide and seek with your father. "Y/n, where are you?" You covered your mouth as you giggled, trying not to reveal your hiding spot, which was behind a couch.

He knew where you were hiding, you always hid in the same place but he decided to act like he didn't know where you were.

"I wonder where y/n is." You giggled and he acted like he walked away. You peaked your head out from the side, looking to see if he was gone. You didn't see him so you sighed.

When you turned around, he was right in front of your face. You screamed and he started tickling you. You then started giggling. Charles watched from a while away and smiled at the two of you.