Funeral

Avery marie

August sadly opens my door and I slowly get in. The pain all over his face from losing his favorite cousin pained me deeply. I hated seeing him this way. I would suck the sadness off him if that was actually realistic. 

He gets in and I lock my hands with his & placed several kisses there , showing him some compassion.

" I'm sorry baby , I don't want to be insensitive, but if anything I know Neko would rather you smoke a fat wood than sit here and be depressed. " 

" you right , I'm sorry , my energy all fucked up."

" don't apologize, you just lost someone, so I get it. Don't say your sorry for how your feeling right now. This is normal. Your still a human being experiencing a loss " I try to  reason.

He shook his head & kissed my forehead but said nothing else. And truly , I didn't mind it.

~

" aight yall ..  yall know i aint no smart talking nigga , but i gotta coupla shit i gotta get off my chest. " Roscoe began.

you could tell he honestly wanted to cry , but he held his shit in together. 

" Neko man , he got all our ass hurt right now. i been knowing that nigga since before i could tie my shoes. he taught me so much shit and i really wouldnt be here today without em. he kept me from doing so much dumb shit , and talked some sense into my ass growin up. to cut this shit shit short. long live Neko , save a blunt in heaven for me. "

" ROSCOE " mo screamed and hit him in the back of the head. 

If anything she lightened the moment and made everybody laugh. 

But we all knew what he meant 

" Man you be trippin. my nigga know what i mean. " scoe said sipping on a red cup. releasing his balloon. stepping away from the middle.

August cleared his throat and i squeezed his hand. it was his time to speak. i caressed his back as he slowly walked up stealing everyone's attention.

" Ion wanna come up and say too much.  Just know that whoeva took nek nek , shoulda took me too. He was , is my rock. i knew if anything was going down and i needed somebody to slide , he would jump in the car no hesitation. he was the real definition of TTG. so , rest in peace Nek , imma wack every nigga off who did this shit to you. we gone get this shit back in blood. " and shortly released his balloon. 

It was something about the way he spoke , he was serious as a heart attack. When he saids something , he means that shit and stand on it. 

he riled up some of the boys and some dapped him up and whispered in his ear. I could just tell there was something about to happen. but imma keep it cute for now. 

I pulled on my dress , it was a little too tight and making me feel uncomfortable. when I last wore this , it was for my moms funeral. and of course my ass wasn't pregnant then. All I really wanted to do was get out of these clothes and heels. 

But I  knew August needed this. He was still conversing with family and friends , you could tell shit was literally brewing as they spoke. 

I looked at my stomach as it growled and rubbed it a little. I  slung my purse off my arm and dug for anything salty or crunchy and found absolutely nothing. I huffed d puffed and needed to find  place to sit down. I was about to lose over my hormones seriously. 

I miss home , I miss my bed , my fridge , my life , and then there were the tears.

I wiped my face as fast I could before anyone could notice , I  decided I was just going to head to the car , maybe I  could find something in there & sit my big ass down.