Unravel

Avery

" August , i'm not about to keep begging. I have things to do right now. " I say

" Okay , you ca leave , tha do' right there waitin' for ya . " He said as he scoffed.

" August , you trying my patience right now. " I say getting irritated.

" No. An' ian gone eva tell ya. " He spoke walking upstairs.

" Well , can you at least explain why you said you never wanted me? " i say as my body shook as i remembered.

" Avery , now is not the time for emotions right na." He grumbled

" Then when is it time august? " i ask crossing my arms over my chest.

" Never. We cant do this . I already told you . " he said getting frustrated.

" August , i know that's not how you feel . You ... You love me .. You told me that . Remember ? " i say as i heard vulnerability in my voice.

He squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head

" I don't love you Avery. " he said's

I walked towards him grabbing his shirt.

" Don't you dare deny the love you have for me august! " i say yanking his shirt around

" You feel it just like i can." I say as tears were already down my face. I didn't want to lose him.

I loved him for god sake. But i'm not going to continue begging for his attention . Though i was making myself seem desperate , i wanted to fight for this love. You never give up on love.

" The only thing i feel is hurt . " he whispered as his eyes became glossy.

Something was hurting him.

I took one of my hands and caressed his cheek never taking my eyes of him.

He leaned into the palm of my hand . And in this moment , he needed me. He needed to know what i saw in him.

" Who hurt you? " i whisper as i stroked his cheek. he shook his head.

He shuddered. He started to breakdown and we fell on the floor.

He gripped my sides as he cried.

" What happened baby ? " i ask

" I called her because i wanted to see how she was doin' . The last time me 'n her spoke , it was so horrible " he paused.

" And , My step pops answers the phone , i'm like yo where mama ? he tells me that she left . im like nigga what chu mean left ? "

He pauses and sniffles for a bit .

" keep going . " I coached .

" He tol' me , my mama died of a heart attack , that happened that night me 'n her argued , and that was 2 months ago Avery. " he said's

he deserved so much better. She couldn't have just died like that. How is he going to live with himself?

" I'm the reason she died Avery . I didnt even think that was going to be the last time me and her would speak . " He explains.