Chapter 6

Logan POV
I walked outside behind Patton and Roman. The whole assembly had no reason at all.

"That was completely and utterly a waste of time." I mumbled. Patton looked back at me in shock.

"Oh c'mon Lo! It was fun!!" Patton countered. I rolled my eyes and said,

"If you count 'showing off normal powers in front of the entire student body when we could have be working' fun, then yes it was." I shot back. None of our powers were really 'special'. They were just a little more powerful. Roman groaned in annoyance.

"You need to loosen up a little." Roman said, chuckling. We turned around as people began to file out of the auditorium and to their classes. I watched them all curiously. So many different types of people that filtered out slowly. Most of them were jocks or 'popular' looking girls. One boy caught my attention. He was on the shorter side, adding to that he was slouching. He had a home-made looking hoodie, a black one with purple patches. His hair was dark brown, with purple tips towards the front.

The same boy from my first period. I realized. I didn't comprehend I was staring until Roman waved a hand in my face.

"Hello!!! Earth to nerd!" He said, moving around me. I shook my head a little, then noticed what Roman was doing and looked at him utterly confused.

"I must have zoned out. Apologies." I commented. Patton smiled at me, while Roman looked a little more suspicious. "May we go back to class now?" I asked, turning to Talyn. They nodded and I set off to my second period english class.

When I got in, I sat down near the front in my normal spot. When I walked to my seat, I noticed the other boy, the one I noticed before. He seemed to have earbuds in, and was drawing.

I snapped back to the lesson when the teacher started talking. I took down notes, but my mind still wandered to the boy in the back of the class. After second period was study hall, a class I had with both Roman and Patton. I walked in a sat next to them. I didn't have any work yet, so I pulled out a book. "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd". The murderer was-

"LOGAN!" I jumped when Patton said my name loudly.

"Yes?" I asked, putting a bookmark in my page.

"Check your email, Ro and I got one and we think you'll get one too." Patton said, he looked rather nervous. I nodded and opened my computer to my email. What was there shocked me.