EPILOGUE

took forever but we're
here now (:

dropping the epilogue playlist here
cuz i made a separate one

♡♡♡

— 2024
june. korea.

"So you're coming right?" Jeongguk's face popped up on the facetime screen the second the call connected, greeting Taehyung with the same old bunny-tooth smile spread wide on his lips.

"I already showed you my luggage," Taehyung said, chuckling softly when he held the phone toward his bed, showing his things. "I'm coming."

"Good, 'cuz when you watch me play, I want you sitting at a specific angle so you can see me be all cool and shit," He declared.

"Like, you gotta see my godliness when I spike. You flew all the way to see me, so."

"I know. I'll be sitting exactly where you can see me," The older set his phone down on his desk, angling it so Jeongguk could see him walk around his room.

"You better 'coz you're my lucky charm, hyung," Jeongguk let out a laugh. Taehyung rolled his eyes, unable to hide the smile tugging at his lips.

"Without you, I don't think I can play well."

"Shut up," Taehyung grumbled while the younger giggled, "you have to play well. This is the Olympics we're talking about."

"Okay but, I feel stronger when you're there," The younger pouted, crossing his arms. "Seeing you makes me all energized."

"Sure it does," He chuckled a little, rolling his eyes as he slipped some shirts into his suitcase.

"The Olympics won't be the same without you Specs," Jeongguk declared.

"You're part of my dream after all."

"Shut up."

"But it's true. M'not kidding. The Olympics is my dream, and so are you," He winked, being the gross sap that he was, but instead of an eye roll, the older merely smiled back at him.

The Olympics.

Sometimes he still couldn't believe he was actually going to play there. It seemed impossible, but with the extra help of Team Japan, and Jeongguk's drive to get better, he beat all those odds going against him.

Although, it took four years of intense rehabilitation to get Jeongguk back on his feet, it was all he ever wanted— all he ever worked for.

And after graduating high school and promising to stay as friends for now, they still managed to never leave one another's side.

He already played his first national season back, and did really well despite his injury. Jeongguk played a decent season for a player off injury, and Taehyung managed to go to a few Japan home games and cheer him on with some old friends.

They also called one another every single day. The two of them would summarize their entire day while doing college work, or sometimes they would go to restaurants and 'eat together', not caring if they got weird looks because all that mattered was each other.