05 :: smart asses & dumbasses

a double update?? heck yeah

ps taehyung isn't ugly. literally, pls
don't think i mean it🥺 he's the exact
definition of beautiful

♡♡♡︎

Seeing Jeon Jeongguk with somebody other than his friends was probably the weirdest sight anybody in school ever witnessed, especially when the guy next to him was a loser like Taehyung.

He was used to the stares, and maybe Jeongguk was too, but for a completely different reason. After all, he was the captain of the boys' volleyball team and an actual sex magnet (not Taehyung's words), so he supposed his guess was pretty accurate. 

Jeongguk rarely came to class that the idiot forgot how to wear his uniform. The two of them spent the morning bickering over toast and the entire student handbook that Jeongguk insisted that didn't apply to him ("Shut up you're wasting braincells speaking").

In the end, Taehyung managed to magically get Jeon Jeongguk fitted into one of their crimson blazers, crisp white button-up, pressed black slacks, and matching oxfords. It was a start, and despite the fact Jeongguk refused to wear his tie and unbuttoned a few buttons on his shirt, it was a good start.

"Gosh, should I like walk to the front of class and introduce myself?" Jeongguk gushed, sarcasm radiating off his words as he trailed after Taehyung like a lost puppy (if only Tae could kick him).

"Hello, my name is Jeon Jeongguk, seventeen years old and a hundred times smarter than your student council president. Please take good care of me," The younger mused, making his voice sound higher than it already was, which only made the older want to punch him.

"I will bodyslam you onto the desk if you don't shut the hell up," Taehyung mumbled, trying to pick up the pace, thankful that at least his legs were longer than Jeongguk's.

"Wanna fuckin' bet Specs?" Jeongguk snorted. "I can serve you like a volleyball out the window if you just asked." He shot back.

Taehyung whipped his head over his shoulder, eyes narrowing at him once he found their seats at the front. It took everything within him to not tell him off, knowing damn well everyone was staring, perhaps wondering what the hell was going on. He inhaled sharply, sitting himself down, focusing on the whiteboard rather than the idiot on his right.

God, he probably shouldn't have agreed to whatever this was.

He really needed to do better at keeping himself together. Jeongguk, out of all people, shouldn't be pitying him for something in the control of forces beyond nature rather than his own hands. He was better than that; composure was his middle name.