15 :: controlled chaos & messes

hi again i said i wasn't gonna
update but i couldn't help it🥰

♡♡♡

Jeongguk scored twenty points on his own.

His teammates knew where this was going. When he was angry, there was no stopping Jeongguk. Nobody else could get set to, and all they could do was hope there would at least be some sort of rally.

Kill after kill, he destroyed any chance for the other team to get a point in. All of his irritation channeled into his palm, forcing the volleyball past the fingers of middle blockers, ripping their defense apart.

Nobody talked him, fuck, nobody dared to approach Jeongguk whenever he was in the zone. Despite the fatigue gnawing at his knees, his palms reddened and numbed, sweat slicking his entire body, and his uneven breathing on the brink of suffocating him, everyone knew.

Jeon Jeongguk was untouchable when enraged.

Veins protruded from his arms, trembling, aching beneath the sheen of sweat that coated each chiseled muscle. Adrenaline surged through every inch of his body, powering his every move, devouring him.

The crowd's screams melted into ringing static in his ears. All he could focus on was hitting that fucking ball over and over again until his hand print was on that ball. But that wasn't the only thing that stole his attention.

On Jimin's neck were hickies. Hickies given to him by Specs, and it was fucking impossible to not see them.

They were in Jeongguk's line of sight— the splotches of dark purples blending into Jimin's fair skin. Every time his gaze fell on them, a scream teared through his throat, calling the ball for himself, wanting to unleash his fucking agitation on a kill.

He wasn't so sure why he was mad in the first place. Parly it was because Taehyung lied to him; he was meeting Jimin behind his back. Then again, the point of their plan was to win Jimin over, but he let himself foolishly believe he meant something to Taehyung.

In Taehyung's eyes, he felt more like his himself more than he did in his entire life. With Taehyung, he wasn't lonely, and for once, he was happy to have a fucking friend, or whatever they were.

A real friend that maybe valued him.

And there was the fact he let his defenses slip ever so easily around Taehyung like an amateur. He was too fucking blinded by his emotions, feelings he should not have allowed himself the privilege to feel.

He supposed it was a harsh reminder what their agreement was in the beginning. No feelings. No friendships.

Nothing but a selfish deal.

With all honesty, he needed it. Needed to remember that what they were doing to each other was nothing but meaningless.

"Jeongguk, you need to stop," Yugyeom murmured, approaching the older during a timeout. They were already fifteen points into the second set, and all the points were of course, scored by Jeongguk with the occasional point from their middle blockers.

"When people say they want you to aggressively spike a ball to their face, they were joking."

"You're seriously going to injure your palm if you don't calm down," San handed him an ice pack, forcefully grabbing his hitting hand and placing it on his vibrant red palm.