Chapter 77: The Wedding

Start from the beginning

From the very moment I first saw her inside the limo upon waking up.

I wanted her to be mine.

So there is nothing for me to be hesitant about. I am rather excited to see my duchess once again after so long.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, you clean up rather well." Charles grinned as he fixed the new diamond earring on my ear, the style was rather stylish with a thin chain that loops and is connected to a small clip that is fastened on the outer shell of my ear.

Couple that with the royal uniform complete with the royal sash and shoulder tassels and gold buttons, I look rather dashing and striking in these clothes.

"The hour is up. We should go and take our places." Luis checked his phone.

Every hurriedly left the room with me and Kassim being the last ones to leave as we made our way to the venue.

How long has it been since I saw her face? It took all my willpower not to go to the Royal Palace where they housed her for two whole months. At times when I do go there on official business; I try to get a glimpse of her or her voice but that never happened.

Being away from her was like a realization that I have given everything to her.

The motif for the wedding was silver, white, and gold.

Silver for the eyes Sarina inherited from Uncle Henry.

Gold for my eyes and white stands for a clean beginning.

I liked it when Cat explained why my bride picked those colors and against the beautiful lush greenery, the decorations, and even the vases and flower arrangements were exquisite.

Luis, Charles, and Kassim took their places as my men of honor while the maidens of honor would lead the way and my wife and his brother will come at the very end.

I took my place at the joining pedestal where there is a small pool of water was at the center. A jewel that size of my arm floated and rotated slowly just as the soft melody of the wedding song played.

The guests all turned their heads back, I could sweet little Lily seated beside my Father and sister in the front row. Mrs. Briggs and Melissa along with the other staff were seated in the middle all dressed and happy for me. They were overjoyed that the woman who captured their hearts is now being married to me.

There were also representatives from every royal that govern the provinces of Illyria like Nikolette who is attending as a replacement for their father was not feeling well. She is the representative of the Valentine family.

Then my bride's maiden of honor came in, throwing on flowers and gold coins on the floor. In olden times, jewel and coins were thrown to show the groom is wealthy and able to provide for his wife but a modern nuptial has to be more practical so we settled for gold coins and flower petals.

My youngest sister looked very beautiful in her white and gold dress. After the incident, she needed to be checked up at the hospital but thank God she only had a few bruises.

When she took her place, directly in front of Luis; I noticed that she seems to be staring at the lawyer with more intent before looking away, her cheeks stained with color.