Chapter 56: The Lyonel Family Secret

Leone's POV:

3 days later....

The day of the Trial of the Bride....

"Are you scared to tell her?" Cat's voice made me put away a scroll as I looked around the Royal Family Archive.

It was an inheritance from our ancestors, the ones who built Illyria in the early Middle Ages, a very ancient time when the world was filled with knights, lords, and kings while magic was still accepted by the people.

It was a well-lit place despite being underground with volcanic stone-carved shelves and vaults and a polished marble floor complete with small fountains.

The Archive is built under the Royal Palace and is only accessible to the royal family. Scrolls, parchments and other ancient documents well preserved lie inside; all in order to give their descendants guidance with their unique gifts.

I am the heir to its legacy and now I will have to entrust its secrets to my fiancee.

A woman, who lived an ordinary life and the very lady who visited me in my dreams when I was questioning myself.

"I am still afraid she might freak out. Sure, she may not be concerned before but after these past few days...." I pressed my hand on my head.

"Brother? " she walked closer and put a hand to my back until I could continue speaking.

"I felt her pain while she was trying to locate Safirah; although my cousin is safe now. I can still remember the times when she would shake and cry after waking up. She can feel them Cat; Feel the pain and suffering of the person she has visions of." I told my sister. "I do not know if she is aware but her ability at handling her new power is getting there and yet I am afraid that it might overwhelm her one day."

"Have you talked about this with her?" my sister asked me and I shook my head.

"No. The pain in the dreams stopped when Safirah was rescued but how does one expect me to reveal our secret when she has been through so many things already." I touched another container that had the diary of Henry before he died in Manila.

"If she is to be part of the family then you have no choice but to trust her. You chose her and she has overcome many obstacles just to be with you. Give her a little credit." Cat told me and elbowed me. "Timing is the key, that is all I can tell you."

"Okay....Thanks. We had better go; someone will think we had gone into hiding." I said as I tucked the container under my arm. "By the way, why were you here?"

My sister took a parchment as well but this one has the royal seal on it.

"I promised to give our little sister more information about mastering her own gift. There was.... an incident when she was with me during the Spring-sition Fashion Week in Paris."

I wanted to ask what it was but seeing as how Sey was still slow in warming up to me, I decided that Cat was better equipped to deal with her....for now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had left Sarina with my sister and Sey as they took tea in the Palace Gardens while I pondered over how to begin explaining our family secret to the woman I love.

Too many times have I tempted fate when she discovered that I am no ordinary man for I possesses a gift that can control anyone as long as they can hear my voice.

My sister possesses the ability to feel the "real emotions" of the one she touches which is why she is extra particular in who she favors for the poison that every person hides affects her greatly.