Special Chapter: Catherine Lyonel

I hate introducing myself.

But that is something I have been taught to do as a princess.

I was born into a world of parties, processions, and royal duties. There is no room for errors in my world and I must always be perfect.

Perfect.

I hate that word.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another reason why being a princess is not all that is cracked up to be.

You never know who really cares for you and who is just using you. Are they truly with you because they like the real you? Or maybe because of your social standing?

But at the age of 12, my gift suddenly manifested when I held hands with a girl who claimed to be my friend at school.

Her jealousy and hate were masked by her ability to lie and using the fact that we are friends to make herself more popular came barraging in my mind so suddenly and I fainted the moment I let go of her hand.

I learned the hard way that you cannot really trust others that easily. This "gift" was because of the Seer's blood that was passed down in our royal family and every royalty with close blood ties to the Lyonel family inherits a "gift".

It is not a superpower like flying or being able to shoot fire from one's hand but an enhanced ability of the mind.

But being able to sense the true feelings of a person by just touching their skin was very troublesome and at a young age, it was very hard to switch it off.

However, I learned something that day.

My life isn't perfect.

That made me smile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years passed by and little by little, I found people that I can trust.

My older brother. A distant cousin. My personal assistant.

But somehow, I have never found a best friend that I can trust because of my gift.

I have gotten ahold of my ability and it reduces the strain on my mind as I got better at controlling it.

But no socialite or even celebrities has ever made me feel comfortable, all I could feel from them were insecurity, desire towards my brother, and opportunistic tendencies to better their social standings or the need for more money, more fame, and fortune.

Boring upper crust bitches.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people are not aware of certain situations when you are born in a royal family.

Secrets and Lies abound our own family.

Ours is no different.

Father never what you call a warm person, it took time for me to find out from the servants in the Palace how he had been forced to marry our mother who was the 13th princess of the Danati KIngdom. he never spend a lot of time with us and would only visit our nursery from time to time to show his face but he never truly loved us.

As for our mother died giving birth to me but my brother Leone remembers her being a sickly yet gentle person. My brother told me that she was not the prettiest woman but when she smiles, it was a very beautiful thing to behold; She also seems to understand our father way too well, and even on her deathbed begged my brother to try to understand him.