Chapter 16: Henry's Funeral

Sarina's POV:

I found myself by some sort of spring where tiny waterfalls and flowers bloom in perfusion. The smell of clean nature relaxed me.

I felt my nightgown cling to my wet curves and wondered why was I here?

Am I dreaming?

Is that even possible?

"Rina?" Leone's voice made me turn around.

He was behind me wearing the same clothes he had when we fell asleep. The bewildered look on his face cleared up when he saw me.

"Where are we?" the winds suddenly picked up and I shivered.

Leone suddenly embraced me and I felt his warmth seep into my skin as he tucked my smaller body into his bigger one.

"Are you cold still?"

"I-I am fine now, thank you, Leone." I smiled up at him, he returned it when his gaze looked me up and down.

"Damn. Why did this dream happen now of all times." his voice became rough.

I blushed at where his gaze was. I remembered that I was bra-less and that my nightgown was wet and is not doing a good job of hiding my body.

"Do-don't you get any ideas!" I try to sound firm but his mouth twitched into a crafty smile as his hand suddenly went lower and squeezed my butt.

I gasped and tried to push him away but he suddenly held me close and dragged me into a portion of the spring where it was surrounded by thick bushes.

"What are yo-" his hands cupped my mouth to muffle the sound.

"Ssssshhh" he put a finger to his lips as his eyes focused on something.

Curious and relieved that he was not teasing me, I followed his gaze.

Two people illuminated by the moonlight were meeting by the spring.

One of them was a tall and bulky man dressed in his shirtsleeves and trousers. His blond hair was long and is tied up, he was kissing the hand of a small woman dressed in a maid outfit before pulling her into a passionate embrace.

The moonlight shined upon them and I saw the woman's face; it was my face but her eyes were black and her hair was straight and glossy.

"Mo-Mom?!" I gasped.

I gaped as I recognized the tall man who suddenly embraced the woman.

He looked like Leone. Except he had long hair and the same pained expression I saw in the king....wait! This man is His highness when he was younger.

What is going on?

I woke up from the dream and saw that it was still night time, the digital clock glowed dimly and flashed "3:00 am" as a dull headache throbbed in my temple at seeing such a dream.

It was the first time as well, usually my dream centers around Leone but never others and their past.

My eyes felt like they were on fire and I blinked back the tears and the pain when I felt my lover's arms cradle me and kissed my eyelids, the pain immediately ceased and I was able to look at him.

Even with his hair all tousled and his eyes half-lidded from sleep, He looked concerned as he kissed my eyelids again and nuzzled my neck.

"You...saw it." he simply asked me and I nodded. "It was a novel scene seeing my old man in his prime. That woman he held so possessively...she could be your twin."