Chapter 10: Living with the Prince

Sarina's POV:

The moment we enter Le Petite Cafe, a small yet stylish place.

I felt the air around us change.

The servers immediately bowed and greeted us while someone showed us to a terrace table right away. I notice people staring at me and from the looks of awe and fast whispers, they either know who I was or who I was with.

Once we were seated, I looked around and was impressed at the scenery before me.

The cafe was located inside a local park and the terrace is overlooking a lake and it is surrounded by majestic looking trees. I saw a few people rowing on boats and some were fishing, a few swans were gracefully swimming not too far from their terrace making me smile.

"Peaceful is it not?" the princess smiled. "Me and Leo always dine here to relax and the food is always delicious and affordable."

That surprised me. I thought royalty were hardly critical of their food's price tags; hearing Cat say this somehow made me feel like she can relate to me .

After we ordered our food, while Cat and I talked; I noticed that the prince never looked at me or even spoke to me. He would just stare outside the window or text someone on his phone.

Somehow that made me curious, did I rub him the wrong way?

When our food arrived, I was so hungry that I was ready to dig in.

I had ordered a Double Cheesy Bacon Mushroom Melt with Chilli Jalapeno Fries, Mini Salad and Cucumber Mint Cooler.

"Dear, you can eat all that?" the princess asked surprised.

I nodded. I have not eaten on the trip and I was famished.

After the meal, I took out my credit card to pay but the prince took the bill and paid. He must have seen me about to protest because he finally looked at me.

"You are a guest." he said with a shrug."It is our treat."

That was a nice thing to do even though he seems brusque about it.

Once we were back on the road, The princess told me where I will be staying.

"My brother has gallantly offered his own home so you will be staying there for now," she said.

Although Luis did tell me this already in advance, I looked at the prince thinking that he might deny it, he just gave a curt nod and looked away from her.

"I had a guest room prepared for you in the west wing. My housekeeper Mrs. Cora Briggs will see to your every need," he said in a brisk monotone.

"Thank you, your highness." I said and he turned away from me, looking even more sullen.

What did I do now?

The princess also noticed his behavior and looked about ready to lash out but she pasted a smile and chatted about other things with me.

Soon after we came into a two-story mansion with a modern sleek design, the lawns were perfectly manicured, the grounds spotless and a tall, chubby middle woman whose brown hair was tied in a ponytail walked out of the huge polished oak doors to greet us.

This is where I will be staying? It is magnificent!

But then that means I will be a guest of the prince. Oh, dear.

"Sarina dear, I have to go but it was nice meeting you. It was refreshing talking to a woman like you. I will visit tomorrow and we will begin your lessons." the princess took my hands and squeezed them affectionately when we all got out of the car.