Chapter 73: Luce e Ombra

Leo's POV:

2 days after the attempt to ambush Sarina...

I woke up and groaned as I tried to move my limbs.

Except....that my hands and ankles were strapped on a huge block of some sort of concrete

What the hell happened amidst the chaos?

Looking back, I remembered rushing to my fiance's aid. I managed to kill the men in a white suit holding her and somehow one of my agents took her to safety before someone suddenly got behind me and knocked me out with a hard blow to my head while I was making sure the agents got my duchess away.

Rina. Did you manage to get away?

I felt the dryness in my throat and the way my eyes seem too sensitive whenever I started at the light the seem to filter through a window filled with tiny bars. I must have been knocked out for quite some time.

Quickly I closed my eyes again and tried to sense her.

At first, I could not sense anything but then I felt a strong emotion from her. Fear, Agitation and Concern for me.

I also felt a familiar rush of love that seems to seep into my tired bones. It was the same sensation that I would sense from Sarina before she lost her memories.

She seems okay but that does not tell me anything else. Is she well? Has she been treated?

Is she okay? Maybe she was worrying about where I am?

Fuck.

But I suppose this was to be expected. After all, "he" made it clear that this as Laila's goal all along.

To use my woman as a lure and kidnap me. The mysterious tip off from a man wearing a black business suit had a gangster air about him but when he spoke to me, his voice was calm and cultured.

So I kinda knew it was a trap and yet I could not leave Sarina at the mercy of Laila's goons.

It seems like my former lover has been growing restless and anxious because her plans kept failing.

It was a risky plan to subdue me but she is beyond the point of subtlety now. She wants me and she does not give a damn if she uses Sarina or Safirah or even both to subdue me.

A metal door opening snapped me out of my musings as I relaxed my hands and pretended I was still unconscious.

I count three people based on the sound of footsteps coming towards me. Two heavy and one light so that means....Laila and two others are here.

"He looks whole and....good. He must have been too preoccupied saving that little bitch to watch his back." Laila's voice was filled with contempt. "I suppose he did not think the target for kidnapping was him this time."

"He was unaware signora." The man beside her answered. "But our men had problems when he and his bodyguards stepped in to prevent us from trying to kill the girl."

"Leave it then. She can suffer slowly later."

"Still, I never imagine a Prince could fight well. It was strange, it was as if he was trained to fight." the other man said in a hushed tone. "most royalties nowadays are weak but he killed our men without hesitating."

"Enough! Tell your boss that I will fulfill my promise and compensate him for it. Now leave us."

The heavier footsteps echoed as they left the room just as I felt her fingers unbuttoning my shirt. Her finger felt like ice as she caressed my skin, grazing my ribs and then teasing my nipples.