twenty; i see you✔️

___

___

You know you're being stared at when you feel uncomfortable or uneasy. When you have a weird feeling inside you, you just want to turn around and find the culprit. When I look around the school, all the student's eyes were on me. Their mouths moving as they spoke about me. Everyone's glare just felt off. I felt like I had done something wrong, but I didn't, I had done nothing wrong.

You'd think after everything I've gone through with the murders and two Lakewood Slashers, I'd be used to the judgemental stares I'm receiving but I'm not. With one hand, I fix the bag on my back, and the other hand plays with the loop of my black belt, growing awkward under the stares.

My mouth moves itself as I feel myself smile when I see my friends on the opposite side of the hallway from me. Kieran, Emma and Brooke walk together, talking about something. I make my way towards the three feeling content being beside my friends.

"Hey." I cheer and run my hands through my blonde hair.

"Mia! I'm so sorry, I never should've left you! I knew I should've stayed last night, I wish I did." Brooke wraps her arms around my waist and I smile as I hug her back.

"It's okay. I'm fine!" I try to give her a genuine smile, but I'm not sure if it looked real to them. If it didn't, the other blondie doesn't say anything.

"You sure you're okay? Stavo came up to me and told me he thinks you might need help..." Emma informs me and my jaw drops.

Gus spoke to her about me? I do not need help! Far from it.

"When was this?" I gawk, my eyes widening at the news.

"Like 15 minutes ago. He disappeared to the library before I could say something." Emma continues and I shake my head.

"So, because I haven't cried over my dead brother doesn't mean I need help." I roll my eyes and scoff.

"It's not just your brother being dead, it's the fact that he was hanging above your head, and some explicit pictures were on the paper for the entire town to see. You're vulnerable." Brooke says and reaches her arm out to touch my forearm.

"Look, I'm fine. Ansel wasn't that much of a brother to me, my nudes are hot so I don't care if my dead grandparents wake from their fave and see them," I say with a small laugh. "Can we talk about something else?"

The three friends standing opposite me look at each other unsure what to respond to my comments. It isn't that deep, I don't give a shit.

"Sure... let's talk about how Audrey was the one to bring Piper to town." Brooke rolls her big brown eyes and once again, my jaw drops.

"Wait, excuse me! Repeat that."

"Audrey wrote hundreds of letters to Piper Shaw inviting her to help Audrey investigate Brandon James and Lakewood's history and then turn it into a documentary. Audrey asked Piper if she was the one killing people but Piper lied—" Emma informs me of the story and I cross my arms under my chest.