one; i gotta kill more often, i look good✔️

*e d i t e d*

"No more fun to be had here, guys

"No more fun to be had here, guys. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here. Thank you." Audrey shoos the customers out the big red doors. She locks the door behind the very last person exiting the cinema.

I kept Audrey company for the last 45 minutes of her shift because we both know how bored she gets if no one is there to spend time with her.

Audrey throws the keys to the doors on the register counter. I fix my sketchbook in my hand as I fix my drawing of a screwdriver that sits in dust in a plastic container filled with other weapons.

"I have to clean up around here, so you just sit there looking pretty and finish your drawing." Audrey instructs with a bright smile on her small white face.

"Do you need help?" I ask, as she enters the room filled with cleaning supplies.

"No, it's fine. I usually just hide all the little popcorn shells and other small things under small gaps of the carpet." Audrey informs me and I fake gag.

"That's disgusting. No wonder I always find rats everywhere here." I shiver at the thought of the rats hiding under the carpet. In the corner of my eye, I see a girl with dark brown hair, who comes to our school, walk up towards us. I put down my sketchbook and turn to face the girl.

Hey, I know her. She comes to school, I've seen her around here and there.

"Hey, I was on the phone... I didn't realise everyone had left." Haley Meyers explains to us when she notices that we were the only two left in the cinema.

"That's okay, the front door is locked so I'll just grab my key," Audrey heads over to where the key was once sitting on the counter but is now no longer there. "Um, can't find the key. I can walk you out the back."

"You alright being alone for a bit?" She questions and I quickly nod and push her away. The two walk off leaving me alone.

I lean on the counter and grab my sketchbook. I open the cabinet that stores the movie props. Half real half fake. I hope the screwdriver I'm drawing is fake. I put the tool in the middle of the container to finish off my drawing.

In the corner of my eye, I see a shadowy figure move. It can't be Audrey, because she couldn't have returned this fast from the back exit. Due to past experiences, my heart pounds and I grab the screwdriver that I placed on the counter. I drop my sketchbook and pencil down and walk towards where I first saw the figure.

I hear scratching noises to the right of me, so I follow the sounds and open the door that reads 'STAFF ONLY'. I turn on the light and freeze.

My eyes travel to the mask, Ghostface is right in front of me.

The mask that once has haunted me in the past, but I've been taking defence lessons in case of moments like these. I'm no longer afraid of the guy or girl in the mask. No one will threaten my life, and no way will these masked individual steal my life from me again.