six; the return of Satan✔️

Ansel's really fucking back? Heh

Never in a million years would I think that I would be seeing his dangerous eyes back in Lakewood. What's he doing here?

It's as though Noah is reading my thoughts because he asks the same thing.

"I don't know..." I answer with a small shrug.

"I thought he's on the run?" Noah says but his tone caused it to come out as a question.

"I..so did I." I scoff.

"Who is this douche?" Stavo questions but before I can answer, my blue eyes meet his murderous blue ones. His long legs begin walking towards me and my group. His mop of blonde waves sit perfectly on his chiseled stubble jaw. I notice Stavo takes a step in front of me, but why? Is it to protect me, or is it by accident?

"Don't come any closer, Anshole." Noah argues and Ansel smirks with a light shake of the head.

"How have you been, Virgin?" Ansel stops mid in his tracks when he notices he's at least 2 metres away from me. That's how far he had to be.

I growl and look up at Noah who peeks at Zoe for a quick second, before turning a bright red.

"What are you doing here?" I ask the older boy.

"To see you." He says and I shake my head.

"No. No. Get out of here. I don't want to see you. I don't want to be near you, and I don't even want to breathe the same air as you." I spit.

"Come on, don't you want me back in your life?" He questions and takes a step closer.

"You're violating your restraining order, take a step back!" I shout but he doesn't do as I say.

"Mi, come on—"

"Don't call me that."

"Mia, you need that authoritative figure. You need me. You and mum need me."

"We lost all need for you the second you took away dad's life. You lost me when you took that gun and shot dad, and tried to hide the evidence after trying to plant it on me. You're a dick, and have no right to be in my life. You didn't only just kill dad, but you killed me. You ripped my heart and made me find out from another murderer, you're not any better than Piper Shaw," I shout at him. He wasn't worse than Piper, she killed more than one person, Ansel... murdered my dad, but he was an amazing person so it obviously feels as though Ansel is worse. "Stay away from me."

"I made a mistake, yes—"

"No, you made a lot of mistakes." Noah rolls his eyes.

"Who is this douche?" Stavo asks from beside me.

"I'm her—"

"He's no one. Absolutely no one." I spit.

"Who even are you?" Ansel questions Gustavo.

Stavo smirks and turns my body towards him. He pulls me close to him and wraps an arm around my back. He lifts my head by pushing my chin up gently. Stavo smashes his lips against mine, after a couple seconds I pull away.

"You're dating this dweeb?" Ansel scoffs as he takes in Gustavo's outfit and everything. "He seems better than Tyler, but he shouldn't be disrespecting me."

"Excuse me?" I scoff, "he wasn't even disrespecting you, however, he has every right to do so. Also, did I mention that his father is the Sheriff of this town? One simple call and you'll be locked up in a heartbeat."

"I understand, but don't you want your older brother in your life again?" He cocks his head to the side and I roll my eyes.

"You lost the privilege of being my older brother the second you shot dad. Move along Ansel, you're not welcomed in my life," I turn to my friends and grab Noah and Stavo's hands. Zoe peers over Stavo's shoulder. "Let's go guys. I'd rather not be sitting in a dark room with a murderer."

Brooke returns by our side and notice Ansel. Before she is able to say something. I instantly grab her hand and the five of us walk away, leaving Ansel alone to watch us leave him. I can't believe he has the nerve to think he is able to come back into my life. When he murdered our dad, I found out from Piper Shaw. She—well at the time, it was just the Lakewood Slasher, messaged me if I really know my older brother. I asked my brother if he's hiding anything from me, and when he was speaking, he did not have a single look of guilt, or evil to his face. He didn't cry, he was so normal about saying he has nothing to hide.

And days later, my mum and I were worried about my dad, he hadn't been home for a couple days, he wasn't answering any of our messages... All of a sudden I received a message that literally changed my life. It was a GIF of Ansel shooting my dad.

I showed my mum who called the police, and I hit my brother. I threw whatever I could find to throw at him. Whether that be, a pillow, a blanket, or even a plate (which missed his face because I don't know how to aim.) I regret attacking him because that's what led him to get away. I yelled at him that mum called the cops, and he ran. He ran as fast as his long legs could take him, which was pretty far because the cops didn't find him that stormy night. That wasn't the last time I saw him though.

I saw him hiding behind a tree when my fathers casket was lowering into the ground. I saw him again last year, when we found out Piper Shaw was the murderer. It had been on the news and he was sitting on my bed. I was home alone.

I hugged him... I was mad and upset that the bitch was right under our noses the entire time. Ansel left after my mum came home, and the last time I saw him, other than today, was 2 weeks after Piper Shaw's death. I hit him and yelled at him for him thinking that I'm okay with him being everywhere in my life. I shouted at him for killing dad. I slapped him and he would just take it. He didn't fight back. He stood there as I punched him.

Yet, all this time, I never called the cops once.

Authors Note:
i had no clue if I wanted to make Ansel her brother or ex-boyfriend but I ended up going with brother and in the last chapter I wrote ex-boyfriend, and I completely forgot to change it before publishing it!!

I'm so so sorry if I confused anyone! But, was this a twist for you, did you think Ansel was her brother? Or did you pick it up right away?

I have 9k readers on this book and I'm so freaking thankful for every single one of you; those who have been here from the start and those who started like a second ago!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!