eleven; brooke✔️

They tried taking me off the stage, but I wouldn't leave without Brooke

They tried taking me off the stage, but I wouldn't leave without Brooke. I won't leave without her. Ms Duval, allows me to stay beside my bestie. I thank the Lord that Emma's mom is here snapping photos for the police and not some bitchy redhead that hated her job.

My eyes water as I stare at Jake's body. He's really dead. The tears fall down my face and they just wouldn't stop. I want to smother Brooke with a hug but I know I can't.

How long has he been dead for because he's been messaging Brooke? Hell, he messaged her yesterday!

"That night at the pool, he wanted to take me to the carnival. I wanted to say yes. Why didn't I say yes?" Brooke cries as she stands there, looking straight ahead. I want to comfort her. I want to wrap my arms around her bloody dress but if I move from my spot, Mama Duval will attack me. 

"Oh my, Brooke." I hear Emma call out from behind me. She rushes along with Audrey to Brooke but her mom stops her from getting any closer to our sadden friend.

"No. Don't touch her, she's evidence. This is all evidence." Mrs Duval explains.

Audrey and Emma come up and stand beside me.

"How are you feeling?" Emma questions me as she turns to face me, no longer wanting to stare at Jake's broken body.

"I don't even know," I look away from Brooke and at the two girls who stare at me with a worried look plastered on their faces. "It doesn't feel real yet. It hasn't hit me, even as I stare at the body. He's not really dead yet."

"Excuse me, Doc. I need Miss Duval, Miss Jensen and Miss Roberts." A dark skinned officer enters on the stage and calls out for Emma, Audrey and myself.

"No, please don't make them leave." Brooke sobs as she turns just her head to look at the officer.

"No, we're her friends. She needs us right now." Emma says to the officer.

"Someone should stay." Audrey suggests.

"I'm almost finished, Dwayne." Ms Duval informs and takes a couple more shots of Brooke.

"Okay, Emma. You're higher on the sheriff's list for questioning. You come with me. Jensen, Roberts, stay," Dwayne orders. "Let's go."

Emma follows the officer out of the auditorium, leaving Audrey and I to wait as Ms. Duval takes a couple more photos of whatever evidence is left to be photographed. Audrey wraps an arm around my shoulder and I lean my head on her shoulder. I can't believe one of my friends died, again. I can't believe he was one of the Lakewood Survivors, and now he's lying on the floor. I thought we were past the whole killing spree, but it seems that someone wasn't done.

"He's really gone." I whisper to myself more than Audrey. I feel a tear fall down my eyes as my vision gets blurry.

"Okay, we're done," Ms Duval shuts her camera and places the strap around her neck. "Girls, take her to the shower, and get her all cleaned up."