eight; kieran's party✔️

"And then he replied, either way, you'll see me tomorrow

"And then he replied, either way, you'll see me tomorrow." Brooke informs Emma, Audrey and I of her recent text message with Jake as we sit on the white round table in study hall.

"You'll see me tomorrow?" I repeat, the confusion laced in my tone. "Does he mean during the Lady of the Lake?"

"Your guess is as good as mine, but I suppose so. That's the only thing that's happening tomorrow. He was going to be my date before we broke up... maybe he wants to make it up to me again?"

"I don't know. It seems fishy. Why wouldn't he just tell you when or why he'll see you?" I question. The other two girls don't seem to be listening to Brooke. Emma is too busy doing the work, and Audrey is taking photos of something.

"What do you guys think of that Stavo dude? He seems kinda off." Audrey says as she places her phone on the table. Brooke looks at me and I know she wants to say something shitty about him, but I also know she doesn't want to cause a rift in our friendship, again.

"He's nice. He may seem off at the start, but when you get to know him... he's a friendly guy." I say truthfully as I erase a small pencil line on the corner of my page that ruined my sketch of a beautiful dress.

"I just think he's kinda weird for having a weird fanboy obsession with the Lakewood Seven, and now he's like close friends with Mia, so it seems suspicious to me." Brooke mutters and I roll my eyes.

"We hardly ever talk about the Lakewood Seven or Piper, so his friendship with me is clearly not suspicious." I argue.

After a couple of seconds of just awkward silence between me and the girls, Emma is the first to speak as she changes the subject.

"So, you guys can come to Kieran's party tonight, right?"

"Yep." I nod.

"Yeah, sure." Audrey says not really paying attention to Emma.

"Guest list devised. Texts sent," Brooke says as she gets a text message. "Look, another RSVP."

"It's called Study Hall for a reason, ladies." Our teacher calls out as he interrupts us. Audrey abruptly stands up and the three of us all look up at her.

"Where are you going?" Emma questions the black haired girl.

"Restroom," Audrey scoffs as if Emma is supposed to know where she's going. "Be right back." She exits the study hall.

"Got to hand it to you, Em. Throwing a party behind your mother's back?" Brooke smirks at our devious friend. "who are you and what have you done with Emma Duval?"

"I just felt like it was time for me to start being a normal teenager, I gu—" Emma was interrupted by the fire alarm blaring through the speakers.

"Everyone, leave your belongings right where they are. Proceed out the door, quickly," Mr Davis orders. I grab my phone and follow Emma and Brooke out of the room.