Chapter Fifteen

People can manipulate other people's words to make you fit their side. They can twist and turn your words to make it that your own faith is gone and prove you're the bad person. They can make you do crazy things to just prove you're not.

"A deal?" Quinn's voice was hoarse even to herself and she hated watching her brother in pain. She hated seeing him defenseless and on the ground. That monster had done something to him and she'd kill that bastard.

"I-I," Wynn clenched his stomach and she watched his expression wavered from a hard look of disgust to a softer, scarier expression of guilt.

"Wynn, are you an idiot? Why would you do that? Simon died and it should've stayed that way, why did you do it?" Gabriella asks a toxic look crossing her face.

Quinn hated hearing Gabriella talk to her brother like that when he was already in pain, but she knew that she was always like this towards him.

"Be-Because I loved h-him," Wynn winced as he tried to regain the strength that he had lost.

Gabriella's eyes widened as she stood up and once the look of shock disappeared from her eyes, she narrowed her eyes in anger.

"So you were being selfish? You just wanted him for yourself! You thought I'd die and then he'd be reincarnated and you could make him fall in love with you, well I guess that angel didn't give you that full plan. Cause he reincarnated into your sister, and I'm here," Gabriella's voice was full of venom as her fist curled in and she glanced back towards Quinn.

Her face faltered as she noticed the look on Quinn's face. She was frowning towards her, Quinn didn't like how mean Gabriella was sounding. Her voice was usually like honey, but this was disgusting. She felt like she was listening to Janus speak.

Wynn groaned a bit as he pulled himself to his feet and said, "M-maybe I a-am selfish, b-but he deserved better th-than you,"

Quinn's eyes widened as she watched in shock as Gabriella turned around quickly and placed a quick punch to his face. Wynn fell back down with a thud and Quinn's eyes widened as she tried not to yell.

Quinn stood up as she grabbed Gabriella's shoulder and said, "I don't understand why you punched him, but I suggest you leave," her voice was dangerously low. Even for herself she felt this evil venom fill her words as well.

Gabriella looked back at her with shock and said, "Quinn,"

"Go," She growled as she pushed her aside and went to help her brother up. She heard her start to walk away and Quinn felt something shift inside of her.

"Q-Quinn," Wynn groaned as he held his face and Quinn noticed that golden blood run from his nose and a bit on his lips.

She frowned towards him and said, "Wynn you'll never learn when to shut your mouth," She sighs as so many thoughts ran through her head. Was she Simon? Is that why that monster had decided to call her that?

Wynn laughed softly before wincing and holding his face, he smiled softly towards her and a flicker of sadness ran through his gaze.

"We should head back to the group," Quinn sighs as she begins to lead him back to where the others were. They were awfully quiet and Quinn felt this tension that could snap if someone said something. She led Wynn to a tent and sternly told him to relax before looking back towards everyone else.

She looked around for Gabriella and noticed that she wasn't here, her eyes widened as guilt crept through her and a memory flashed in her mind.

You never care about anyone, don't you understand that your hurting me? I love you Quinn.