Chapter Twelve

Many things keep people going towards their goal. People keep people going towards what they want, motivational speeches might help someone achieve what they want to. Hope is also a big player in deciding on whether someone will give up once they get to an obstacle. If you lose hope, you lose your drive to find what you have lost. If you lose hope your dreams will never become reality. If you lose hope you might just watch someone disappear forever.

Quinn wasn't sure how long they'd been following the trail of the angels, but she was caught in what Tree had told her. They had been possessed?

Then they told her this story of how it happened and it made her fear the power of both the demons and the angels. She wondered what all they could do, she also began to wonder how Gabriella has been reborn. There were so many questions that she wanted answers to, but she knew that the answers might just make her have even more questions.

She noticed the tension between her brother Wynn and Gabriella grow. It was terrifying, some days they would straight up attack each other, of course they were always started by Wynn, he had a bad temper. He always did.

She also watched as Penelope tried to make small talk with Sabrina, but it was a hopeless attempt as she simply answered her and continued her task. Penelope would try to give her small affections, that looked to be filled with so much love, however Sabrina would not return that love to her.

Tree was usually talking to Noah as they tried to calm him down. It was awful watching him grieve over the love of his life. Why were angels so hard to find? If they wanted Noah, why wouldn't they just reveal themselves?

Then, there was herself. She felt awful confused, scared and all together in a state of shock. Just a week or two ago she was worried about failing college, now she was worried about being killed or possessed by some angel or demon.

"This is useless," Quinn sighed as she watched everyone look back towards her in shock. She was tired of this road trip and all she wanted to do was go home and relax. She hadn't sleep in an actual bed in over a week.

"What's useless?" Gabriella asks as she frowns towards her and instinctively grabs her hand. She had been doing this everyday since they enter the Abyss and it confused Quinn even more.

"This whole search, if the angels have so much power then they would just make themselves invisible to us, this entire thing is just a wild goose chase," Quinn explains as she frowns and glances towards Gabriella.

"Quinn, you can't think like that. If you lose hope then we'll never find Trey," Gabriella sighs as she smiles towards her and rubs her palms. She hated how smart Gabriella sounded all the time. It made her ashamed to even think of giving up.

Noah glanced towards her and said, "She's right though, the angels have so much power, we don't have a chance do finding him. Let's just give me up and then Trey will be safe,"

"Hey! We can't just start thinking like this," It was Tree who had begun to speak, "If I had given up after being turned into a were-cat then I'd never be where I am now. You all helped me continue to have hope,"

Sabrina must've begun to hear the talking of them and landed on Penelope's back and shifted back into a human. She glanced towards Gabriella and sighed.

"I've seen the angels do some...insane things, however Trey is still alive, I know it," Sabrina says as she glances towards Noah and smiles softly towards him.

Wynn also landed on Penelope's back as he shifted back into a human and glanced towards Quinn. He frowned as he ran a hand through his hair.

"The angels are a bunch of motherfuckers, however I know that they have a brain. Unfortunately they aren't just a bunch of assholes for no reason. They actually like being assholes and have a plan for something," Wynn says.