The Incident

Chapter 5:

Gin' POV:  

There he was. The man from my dreams. His hair, his eyes, his, his, his, face. That was him. I felt a slight blush come on my face. 'He's really handsome. WAIT did I just think that?! I must be losing it'. I thought.

Maybe we could be friends. He seems friendly enough, but he works with the Akatsuki. So why do I have this urged to just free him and let him escape. Hmmmm, weird. I never felt this way towards someone before. Especially for an S-rank criminal mastermind. I was so caught up in my though that I didn't notice the Hokage looking at me intensely, like he could read my thoughts or something.

"Gin, as you know he is in the Akatsuki and his name is Deidara". The Hokage said to me after an intense stare down. My eyes widened. This is the so called infamous Deidara I heard about. When I was spying on them a red headed Akatsuki member known as Sasori of the Red Sand kept yelling at him that art is eternal not a blast. 'You would think that Deidara's cute but when you see Sasori well Deidara... is not as cute. Sasori is HOT'.

'Whoa, did I just think that?! What is wrong with me?! Who drugged me while I was sleeping last night!?' The Hokage cleared his throat trying to get my attention. It worked but unfortunately it caught Deidara's attention as well. "I'm very sorry to do this to you, Gin, and I know your on vacation, but I am putting you in charge of him. This will be your solo mission".

My jaw just fell to the floor. Deidara did a anime fall in the chair. I don't even know if that was possible. "But Hokage! If you put me in charge of him I will no doubt-".

The Hokage was suddenly behind me and put his hand on my mouth. 'Wow for an old man he sure can move fast'. "Gin, I know you will kill him on sight but he seems to take a liking into you. Do you see the way he stares at you? Well, maybe you can convince him to talk about the Akatsuki. Please, just try. Besides if he doesn't talk about the Akatsuki in a two week time limit, then we can publicly execute him". He whispered.

I smiled and nodded. I looked at Deidara and release him from the chair. He looked surprised at first but when I slapped the chakra binds on him and started to pull him with the chain like a dog on a leach, he sweatdropped and frowned. I lead him to the dungeon under the Hokage's office and locked him up in the cell. As I walked away, I smiled thinking about how to get him to crack and spill information about the Akatsuki.

~The Next Morning~ 

(Still Gin's POV)

I woke up at dawn and got ready for the day. I walked to the dungeon and found him curled up in a corner shivering. I then got to take a good look at him. He was sleeping and his cloak was removed. He was dirty and bloody and shivering from the cold morning air and cool metal ground of his silver cell. My face softened at this. 'I feel bad for him'.

I then hid in the shadows hearing footsteps come my way. I masked my chakra and watch from the shadows. "Hey get up!" Said my fellow ANBU squad member. "Yeah, and get over here too". Said my second fellow ANBU squad member. 'Well, I thought this was going to be my solo mission. Not a group mission'. When Deidara didn't get up I suddenly got scared. 'Is he dead?! Is he dead?! Wait, why do I care? It's not like I like him. Yeah, that would be silly. Hahaha. Maybe I do like him. But I met him yesterday!' While I was having a mental conversation with myself my ANBU squad members opened the cell.

I watched closely and then I noticed one of then had a baseball bat in their hands. I let out a small gasp. They started kicking and beating him. He yelped in pain and his blood splatered all over the place. Tears welled up in my eyes but then I shook it away. 'Why was I crying?! I promised to never cry again after THAT day'.