15

I saw him from afar, he's hammering some stones with some prisoner's, and Irene said Rust is in prison now, what a relief.

"Jennie" someone called me from my back

"Sup, Bae?"

"Meeting someone?"

"Yeah, you? Any new cases?"

"Uhuh, I'll be back, meet you tomorrow"

"Oh hi Cotton!" I greeted the man that is with Irene

"Stop" he said that made me chuckle

"How's court attorney?"

"Stressful"

"Still a soft Cotton as you are" I said

"You sound like your ex boyfriend" he said

"Well, that's where I get it"

"Anyways, what are you doing here?"

"Visiting Kai" I said that made his eyes widen

"Oh.. oh well, I better get going, I have  some appointments" he said and gave me a wave

As I am walking my attention got caught by someone.

"Officer Kim, I told you, you're not allowed here—"

"I came here as Jennie Kim, General, not as Officer Kim. So let me" I said and walk towards Kai whose now looking at my direction

"Hey, can we talk?" I said

His head tilted

"Who are you?"

"I'll explain everything, just let me talk to you" please say yes

And with my surprise me nodded, we sat in one of the benches side by side and I took a deep breath and started talking.

From where it all started, from him courting me, me saying yes to him being his girlfriend, us fighting, and our moment that doesn't deserve to be forgotten. And every single day and time that he made me smile.

"—I'm sorry if you didn't know why I broke up with you that day, it's because of Rust. He said if you won't come back at his side, he'll kill you. That's the reason why. I'm sorry Kai, I'm sorry. I didn't gave you in when we met because I know you don't deserve to be here in prison. It's Rust who deserves it.

"But it's all okay now, he's now in jail too, but it's far from here. I told Irene to put him far from you for your safety, and actually she did" I look up to him catching his eyes was looking at mine, after he looked away

"Believe me or not, yes, we've been together for year and a half, Rust made you this. You were a good man and a good person. I'm sorry if I couldn't protect you years ago, I'm sorry" I continued

"If I gave you in immediately this wouldn't happen to you, you're not in you're state now, you can still remember me, but the good thing is, you can have a new life but in prison. I bet that, you're really now confuse why are you in hospital when you woke up and you were sent to jail, that's not how people lives work, right?

"Keep fighting babe, I know you can do it" I said finishing my words looking down at the ground, not moving a muscle

I still can't believe why I can't move on after these year, Kai is not an air, but why I can't live without him? Obviously I did but, it's still the same.

Kai on the other hand wrapped around his right hand to my left arm, he pushed me in his shoulders when I felt my arm aching.

"Ahh"

--

It's been a month since I was transferred here in prison and it's also been a month since I've been ignoring her, she'll talk to me, but I will just ignore it and pass by her.

Breaking some rocks and talking with some guys, a friend hit my arm and I looked at him confused. 

"Kai, I think someone is looking for you" he said as I drop my tool

I turned around and saw Jennie talking to the filthy General and made her way towards me

"Hey can we talk" she said 

As much as I want to ignore her for her safety, of course. I still want to talk to her, but I need to compose my character not being able to remember anything.

I tilted my head because I am a fucking jerk, and a good artist.

"Who are you?" I stated 

"I'll explain everything, just let me talk to you" I saw her eyes begging for my yes, and so I nodded my head, that made her face brighten up.

We sat in a bench and she started talking, I was also about to laugh when she talked about our relationship back then, but it was changed when she stated about the reason why she broke up with me. 

I started to listen to her carefully, understanding every word that goes out from her mouth, every tear that dropped from her eyes, I saw it. And it made me feel guilty. Very guilty.

I put my arms around her shoulders, but before I can tighten it, she utter a word that made my forehead crease.

"Ahh"

"Why what happened? Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?" I started panicking, with her simple word

"Nah, it's okay"

"No you're not" I started to sound like a grandfather worried to her granddaughter.

"It's just, before I put Rust in prison, I went to his warehouse and found him there, he shot me, but I did shot him as well. So you don't need to worry"

"You might die there Jennie! How could you be careless with your self?" I saw her eyes widen when my voice went big

"I just did that, because it's him the reason why we broke up and the reason why you're here, you don't deserve prison Kai, I know you don't, you deserve a decent life, like a normal person do! If dying is the answer to save your life I will do it Kai, I will" she said and stood up, so I did.

I look straight to her eyes and saw the redness of it, wiping her tear made her hands move and touched mine

"Don't, please" I said and gave her a kiss on her forehead

Sorry for the long update, XOXO, enjoy reading! Stay safe and healthy!