Chaper Sixty

After a week:

Twyla's POV:

He didn't show up. Even that number didn't call again. Was that him? Maybe after he knew that I got in a relationship, he decided to leave? But how could he even think that! He knows very well that I love him. I didn't date anyone before him. He doesn't try hard, Twyla. He doesn't!

My phone rings. It's Jakob.

"Hey." I say, not really excited for this call. He has been so caring recently. He's nice and all but I am just not ready for this.

"Hey, T. Actually I'm calling because uhm, well I want you to come with me to my prom night." Jakob says from the other line. "Before you decide, I want you to know that it will mean so much to me." He adds.

"Oh." Is all I can manage to say. I don't know if I will be able to do that. I'm afraid he might take my acceptance to something further.

"What?" His voice seems to be disappointed. Oh no! He doesn't deserve that from me.

"Okay, fine. I think it's a good idea." I don't know why I agreed but since Kyle didn't appear. He deserves that. I hope I even meet him there.

"Oh I can't believe it." He screams. "Okay it's next week Sunday at 7 pm. Okay?"

"Alright. Bye." I say and end the call.

Jakob is so kind and funny. Maybe if I didn't meet Kyle, I could have fallen for him. He's nice but Kyle is just heart capturing. Kyle is so attractive. Someone you would fall for just from looking at his eyes. He is...... enough, Twy enough!!

I miss him so much. All I can manage to do is to check his Facebook profile. The strange thing is that he didn't change his profile picture, he didn't share or post anything. His timeline is really boring. I can't even stalk him.

I think of what to wear for Jakob's prom. I need to buy something new. I will take Emma with me for this mission.

After a week:

"What do you think of the dress, mom? Is it okay?" I ask mom

"What do you think of the dress, mom? Is it okay?" I ask mom. I'll go to Jakob's prom.

Something makes my heart aches every time I remember that Kyle almost forgot me. I should have known better. He never loved me. It was pretty clear. I just used to lie to myself because I couldn't accept this truth. Sad me!

"You look gorgeous." Mom remarks.

"Thank you. Emma will put my makeup." I turn to Emma. Emma knows everything very well. She knows how I feel. She knows that all I think of is Kyle. She keeps rubbing my hands to comfort me.

"Sure." She says and starts putting makeup on my face.

Jakob comes to give me a ride to the hotel. He's wearing a black tuxedo. He looks adorable to be honest. His green eyes are catching my attention. His hair is neat and he looks cute.

"I'm the luckiest guy on Earth." He states once he sees me. Of course he would say that. Emma is so talented in putting makeup. I feel beautiful for the first time in awhile. It's been a long time since I really got ready for something like that. I think Jakob is the first one to ask me to come to his prom either.

"Oh. Not to that extent." I smile, looking down to my heels.

"You're so beautiful Twyla." He eyes me up and down slowly.

"Really?" I blink. I feel somehow shy. How I wish Kyle was Jakob today! I have to clear all these thoughts.

"Definitely. Thank you so much for coming." He opens the car door for me.

"Thank you." I mutter and climb into the car. His car is an expensive blue opel.

We don't talk so much during the ride. He put music on so we just listened to it. He's stealing some glances at me every now and then. He looks cute when he does it.

Once we arrive his friends wink to him. Is it because of me? I don't know. Somehow I feel more confident. I don't want to remember anything related to Kyle now. I don't want to cry in the middle of a party.

We dance together and we take some pictures. I take some selfies with him.

"I will post this one. What do you think?" I ask him when we sit on the table.

"Sure. Do whatever you want." He tells me with a smile.

I for no reason check if Kyle is online or not. I want him to see the pictures. I want to hurt him the same as he hurts me everyday. I can expect that he dated already.

I get through his timeline just to satisfy my curiosity. I try to hide the phone from Jakob.

What!!! I see many posts saying that his dad died. There is also an interview link with Kyle and his mom.

Oh my God! Oh my God!

He died three days ago. I wasn't there for him. He must be so sad. I read an article. It says that he has been in hospital for almost a month. What the hell! That's why he didn't show up.

I immediately delete all the photos I just posted.

"Twyla, I was just about to write a comment on the post. Did you delete it?" Jakob asks, knotting his eyebrows.

"Jakob, I need to go home." I scowl. I am in way going to stay for more.

"Why? What happened? Did anyone annoy you?" He narrows his eyes.

"No no. I just want to go home. I will be fine." I tell him and get up.

"Oh, I will give you a ride." He takes his keys quickly and follows me.

"No. I will go back home alone." I raise my hand for him to stop.

———————————————

What do you guys think of this chapter?

Don't forget to vote and comment. It means a lot to me♥️