Chapter 6 - The Girlfriend

It wouldn't matter if she had another day off.

Agatha went against sending Tina, her boss a text message. Of all people, the lover of his ex-boyfriend would understand. She felt bitterness rose up from inside her; she gulped and left her cellphone on the bed.

Her room at the hotel was larger than the cottage. She had a separate living room with a bar, not to mention a big flat screen television. The view from the terrace connected to her room was also picturesque and much more relaxing and private. But it was hot that morning, she thought of staying by the pool beside the hotel.

Wearing a one-piece pink halter style swimsuit, she went down with a large beach towel; her eyes searching for someone.

Agatha found L.J. swimming in the pool. He was only wearing a blue swimming shorts, exposing his magnificent physique. He waved at her, seeing her enter the pool area. Butterflies had seemed to fly around her stomach as he climbed from the pool to meet her.

"Hi." His brown eyes penetrated into hers, placing her under a spell.

She reached out to touch his face and felt the ticklish short stubbles around his jaw. With his body - hard and wet, L.J.'s muscled arms snaked around her. Agatha's mouth was crushed by his soft lips. She returned his kisses with so much hunger and ignition. Until L.J.'s hands started groping for her soft breasts –

"Now... that's too much." Waking up from that daydream, Agatha gave a sigh, her face turning hot.

She scanned the pool area. It was a lot bigger than the one situated near the cottages. Guests were all over the place – men and women, young and old; swimming while the others, hanging out in the lounge chairs, chatting.

She saw L.J. in a corner, lying on a lounge chair with a big beach umbrella above him. He was in his swimming shorts with a white bandage around his torso. He had on a pair of sunglasses and seemed to be sleeping.

Agatha's bare feet took a step forward then withdrew. Part of her wanted to see or even talk to the agent before she leaves; part of her wanted to flee from him. L.J. was not as terrible as her first impression. In fact, she still owed him an apology for her accusation about him watching her. He was out of her league being a rich guy... or some bad ass agent. He can be annoyingly, intimidating but there was something in him that was comforting.

But whatever it was, she thought. It was not for her to know. Specially, when she was already having daydreams about him!

A tall, elegant lady in a skimpy, white two-piece bikini came walking for the billionaire agent. Agatha saw her touch him by the shoulder, waking him up. And then, she kissed him.

Something squeezed her heart, realizing the lady was a girlfriend. Agatha made a smart decision to back off.

---

"I WANT TO meet her, Jaycee."

L.J. saw Agatha leaving the pool area but didn't bother to call. He didn't want any introductions between her and Ivanna Milenlie Ruiz, his girlfriend.

He was surprised with Ivanna's visit last night at the resort. His girl as one of the presidents of the Cervantes Group Inc. had drove all the way from Manila to see him. Although, he suspected the CEO to be behind it. As COO of the Cervantes Development Corporation, L.J. had known Ivanna as a very busy person.

"You'll meet Miss Montessa later," he lied, formulating a plan to elude Agatha with Ivanna in the resort.

The COO sat beside him at the lounge chair. Extending her long, slender legs, some visitors of the resort, men in particular glanced their way. Ivanna, looking like a Latina beauty in her bronze flawless skin was stunning in her two-piece swimwear. With her full bosom, small waist and rounded hips, L.J. had to scold himself as Agatha's slim image in a pink swimsuit taunted his mind.

He admired Ivanna for her wits like Rebecca. But she also possessed a sharp tongue, same as his gran. One reason he didn't want her to meet Agatha.

"Rebecca didn't like the idea of you purchasing this place," she told him, frankly. "I think, it's not too much of a profit too."

"If Gran wanted you to talk to me about re-selling this place, forget it." His voice was serious and practical. "I think this resort can double or even triple its income with some additional attractions and activities. I am considering zip lines, banana boats, speedboats, among others in the future."

Ivanna smiled then nodded. "Those idea may work and no... Rebecca didn't talk to me to see you. I heard you were shot. So, can't a girlfriend visit her man?"

He was staring at her in disbelief; she went on.

"Anyway, I am looking forward to working with you in board meetings. I think you are more of a visionary like your grandfather. Resigning with your cheap salary, anytime soon?"

---

AGATHA WAS HOPING for a happier experience at Bliss Resort that morning; bathing under the sun by the pool or walking by the seashore one last time before going home. However, she lost taste with the discovery. Confining herself to her room at the sixth floor, she'd resolved her boredom and unexplained sadness by packing her belongings in her travelling bag to leave the resort before noon.

Being jealous is not possible, Agatha told herself, recalling the little pain that struck her when she saw L.J. with the gorgeous, tall lady in the white bikini.

It wasn't jealousy, but disappointment! She cleared her lungs considering L.J. liking her. But then again, not going to happen!

And she convinced herself: L.J. will not fall for someone unsophisticated like her. But thankfully, when she leaves the resort later, everything will also be left behind. Everything will be mere memories, nothing more - including the billionaire agent!

Two small metals had dropped from her bag. Picking them up, Agatha recognized them as the bullets, she'd extracted from the wounds of L.J. and the other guy.