13| are you ready for it?

Start from the beginning

I knew she was going to ask. Everest has been loving driving around in my car lately, I of course drive every single time. I wouldn't for a second let Everest drive my precious car, have you seen her driving skills? The other day it took Everest half an hour to parallel park. Those thirty minutes included a very embarrassing moment with a Karen because Everest almost hit her car while she was trying to park hers. "Sure, that way we won't have to wait an hour for you to successfully park your car wherever it is that we're heading to."

"Are you ever going to let that go?" No. I laugh. "Parallel parking is a skill, which I currently don't possess. It's hard and many people can agree on that."

I open my car and we both get in. "Then explain to me how was it that you passed your road test exactly?"

"I failed two times," Everest shakes her head in embarrassment. "I guess that for my third try the poor man was tired of seeing my face so he let me pass."

That explains a lot. "Your poor driving skills now actually make sense."

Everest glares and I laugh. While we were driving to our first spot of the night Everest tried to teach me Columbian slang and I failed miserably. She also was playing her famous Spotify playlist which lacked a little bit of taste, but I didn't dare to speak my mind on this one. Besides the fact that she looked awfully cute singing along to her favorite songs, I actually wasn't planning on getting punched today. God knows that the last time I ended up paying for speaking my mind with a bruise on my shoulder.

My phone began to ring in my front pocket and I pulled it out. O'Connor was calling. Shit. I thought to myself, I had completely forgotten about our plans tonight. "Hello,"

"Connery where the fuck are you?" O'Connor asked clearly pissed. "Maddox is asking for you. You are supposed to be racing today."

Everest looked at me confused. The volume on my phone was way up so she could probably overhear my conversation with O'Connor. "I forgot about our plans, I'm with Everest."

"Bro, you never miss a race."  O'Connor sighs. "And I suggest you don't make this one your first, you don't want to piss Maddox off."

"I won't, I'll be there." I hang up.

"Is everything okay Connery?" Everest asks concerned.

"I have somewhere to be and I had completely forgotten about it." I heavily sigh. This wasn't Everest's fault but I was being hard on myself because I knew I should've stayed back at the house. "O'Connor is pissed."

"You can drop me off back at the house," Everest suggests but I shake my head. "Don't be stubborn Connery, your plans do sound important."

"I can't drive you back to the house, I'll never make it on time," I tell her. "Do you mind tagging along?"

"Not at all," Everest smiles.

I pushed the brakes and I turned the car around heading towards Laguna Seca. Laguna Seca is an abandoned dock where illegal car races are held. O'Connor, Dant, Becker, and I have always loved cars and the adrenaline that comes along with it when you're driving at almost 100 miles per hour. We had never heard about the races in Laguna Seca, but in our freshman year, our friend Tommy Scott took us there. Nobody really knows about the place and since it's a secluded area we don't run the risk of getting busted by the police.