"But- What made him think that?"

"You're on the volleyball team, softball team, lacrosse team, and part of the student body." Hope listed "You're one of the most popular sports players of the school!"

Astrid looked down at the table in thought.

"So do you like him Astrid?"

"Of course I like him! I've liked him for a while."

"So then tell him that." Hope encouraged

"Are you crazy?! And break up their relationship? They're soulmates, Hope. They see color when they touch, there's nothing I can do."

"Just tell." Hope repeated

Astrid groaned "Will it shut you up if I do?"

"Yes!"

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Hey, where have you been?" Hope looked up at Hiccup who just walked in

"Uhm..." Hiccup closed the door behind him "Valerie and I broke up."

Hope turned the TV off "What?!"

"We don't see color when we touched anymore." He continued

"Really?" Hope stood up

"She's no longer my soulmate." He finished

"So who is? That's never happened before." Hope grabbed his hand and pulled him to the couch

They sat down "I have two thoughts. The first one is that it's someone I don't know but I will meet them soon, which is the most logical to me. The second one is far fetched but the one I'm hoping for, and it's that my soulmate is Astrid."

Hope bit her lip trying to hold back her smile "What?" Hiccup noticed her do that

"It's just-" Hope gestured with her head to the top of the stairs

Hiccup followed where she pointed to "Astrid?!"

================================

"Okay, so, here's what going to happen" Hope pushed the door open "whenever Hiccup gets back I'll ask him about you and we'll see what he says."

"You sure this is going to work?" Astrid followed Hope inside "I mean, should we even be doing this?"

"Yes, we'll be fine!"

"And then what about you? Who's gonna help you find love and see colors?"

"Don't worry about me, I may be broken, alone, and touch starved but I'll be fine." Hope waved the comment off "Head up to our room and hang out."

Astrid started up the stairs "I don't know."

"Astrid I'll take all the blame for doing this. It was my idea."

Astrid sighed "Okay. I just hope this isn't as bad as I think it is." Astrid went up the rest of the way, closing their bedroom door behind her

================================

"Hi." Astrid stood against the railing

"What are you doing here?"

"I brought her here Hiccup." Hope defended "She likes you and you like her and now that you and Valerie aren't together I wanted her to know that you like her and I wanted her to know that you could have a shot with her."

"So, you like me?" Hiccup stepped back as Astrid walked down the steps

"I always have Hiccup. I may have been a bitch to you when we were kids but that doesn't mean I've been able to push past that and see you for who you are." Astrid explained, "But, you've liked me?"

Hope at this point had grabbed Toothless and Treasure to take them on a walk to excuse herself from the situation.

"I've liked you for as long as I can remember. Something I've always wanted was for you to notice me."

"So, you and Valerie aren't soulmates?"

"No. She isn't. And so that's why we broke up. There was no point being together a second after still seeing black and white."

"Well, I am sorry you two didn't work out." Astrid apologized

Hiccup shrugged "We were running on loose ends anyway."

"So. Do you wanna see if we are soulmates?"

Hiccup reached for Astrid's hand. Colors erupted across their eyes. The different colors of the Haddock household flashing to life. The crystal sapphire blue of Astrid's eyes and the evening forest green of Hiccup's locked together.

"I did not match today." Astrid joked when she looked down at her outfit

She was in a blue tank top with purple shorts. One red sock and one green sock sticking out of her white sneakers.

"And that's why men's clothing is easier." Hiccup gestured to his outfit

Hiccup was in a green tee shirt and black pants.

"That's cause nobody cares how a guy looks but everyone's standards are set for women." Astrid corrected

"That is true." Hiccup let go of Astrid's hand

The colors were sucked back into the familiar black and white.

"It sucks that the colors don't last when we are alone." Astrid's smile faded as the colors did

"It does. But, we'll be able to see all the colors of the world in years to come."

"Years huh?" Astrid smirked, crossing her arms over her chest

Hiccup's eyes went wide as he realized what he said "I uh- I mean- I didn't mean-"

Astrid grabbed his hands in hers "You are such a dork Haddock." She rolled her eyes as she went on her tiptoes to kiss Hiccup

And colors have been a sight that they swear they will never take for granted ever again.