Say My Name

"Eret?" Hope handed a notepad to Hiccup

Hiccup opened the book, grabbing the pen that hung onto the metal spiral holding the pages together.

I honestly just wanna meet him already. This is getting frustrating.

Hiccup flashed a look at Hope before he uncapped the pen, scribbling an answer on the paper. He folded the book for the page he wrote on to face out and held the pen to it as he handed it back to Hope.

"Astrid." Hiccup looked down at the book, then at Hope

Tell me about it. The name I keep saying sounds familiar but I can't remember.

Hope nodded with a sigh. She closed the notepad and tossed it to the foot of her bed.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Heather shook Hope's shoulder. Hope turned annoyed and confused.

"Excuse me, everyone." Miss Atali called attention to the class "This is our new student. Please give Astrid a warm welcome."

A wave of mumbled names with waves swept the room. Astrid sat down next to Hope, setting her backpack next to the base of her desk.

"Eret." Hope stuck her hand out, a paper in her hand as they shook

Astrid pulled away from the handshake and read the small paper.

I'm Hope. Heather is the girl next to me. It's nice to meet you.

"Hiccup." Astrid crumpled the paper as she leaned over and waved at Heather

"Fishlegs?" Heather turned to Hope

"Eret." Hope reassured Heather as she wrote on another piece of paper

Hope slid the paper to Astrid. Astrid unfolded the paper with a confused look.

Would you want to come over to my house after school? I can catch you up on the lesson so you're ready for the test.

Astrid smiled as she took out a pencil and wrote her answer. She folded the paper back up and slid it to Hope.

Sure! I'll meet you at the front entrance after school.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Eret!" Hope sat down next to Hiccup

"Astrid?" Hiccup glared at his very jumpy sister

Hope uncapped her pen with her teeth and wrote on her arm. She held her arm up for Hiccup to read what she wrote.

There's a new girl in my health class named Astrid! I just invited her over to our place after school!

"Astrid?" Hiccup read over the message again "Astrid?"

Hope used her other arm to write again.

Yes! She could be your soulmate so I invited her over!

Hiccup did the sensible thing and pulled his phone out to text Hope from now on.

Hiccup: So her name is Astrid?

Hope: Yes!

Hiccup: And you invited her over to our place?

Hope: Yes.

Hiccup: Why?????

"Eret?" Hope looked up at her brother

Hope: What do you mean why? This is probably your soulmate!