Ch-50 Birds getting back to their nests

Its the seventeenth day since Manha has returned to her home. Mom was busy packing up her things to move into nanny's house and selling the things she doesn't need anymore. It is indeed very hard for both of us to sell things that we used to use forever.

Hence, as Mom was busy shifting, she doesn't get proper time to scold me that I should go back to my husband. In the beginning, when she tells me to go back she makes sure that she's making a dramatic scene plus, I got angry too on her for annoying me by repeating the same thing again and again, but now, I always reassured her whenever she brought up the topic that I will go back, Insha Allah one day.

I can't even ask mom to live with me. She will give me a lecture, because, I myself, is not living with my husband so how can I ask her. But In the end, I know Uncle and grandfather won't let her live anywhere else.

In the end, the problem is 'what if he refuses to let me stay in his house?' 'What if he found another woman?' 'What if he does second marriage? With that Arisha?'

"Hamare sath nahi aaogi?
Won't you come with us?" Hammad asked as mom and he settled down on his car.

I shook my head. "Main ghar jaa rahi hoon.
I am going home." My words made the butterflies in my stomach flutter. "Aur mujhe market bhi jaana hai.
And I also have to go to the market." Mom proudly smiled at me. I waved at them as they drove off.

When I told mom that I am going back she was jubilant and after that, she just gave me a lecture on how she sacrificed her comfort and wishes for my father.

I reached the apartment after two hours of running in the market and thank god I had the keys. As soon as I entered his scent hit my nostrils. Fresh watermelons but strong and hard. I inhaled it more. Everything was just as it was before.

I opened the refrigerator to drink water. Usually, there are beer bottles in its door but there were none. I closed the door then went into our bedroom. Either, everything was in its place in the bedroom even the earrings I left on the dressing table were not touched. I Stared back at my reflection on the mirror. "Shehriyar!" I whispered. My cheeks turned crimson red and my heartbeat accelerated.

"Shehriyar!"

**

I was in the middle of the living room when I heard clinkings of metal. Oh My God. He's here. I froze on my place and my heart stopped.

He stepped in and threw his keys on the side table then his eyes fell on me. He wore a white shirt and jeans and I bet he forgot his coat in his car. He always does that. Usually, he wears his coat on the go but he never returned the same.

"Hooriya.." He tried to confirm it was me.

With trembling legs, I took small steps towards him. "Tum aa gayi?
You've come back." He was confused. He roamed his eyes in the whole apartment, which's every spot were busy with candles. "Aur ye sab kya hai?
And what is all this?" Even though His face was disapproving his light brown eyes shined.

"Yahan kya kar rahi ho ab tum?
What are you doing here now?" My grin faded at his words. "Tumhe lagta hai tum jab chaahe aa sakti ho jab chaahe jaa sakti ho aur main accept kar lunga?
You think you can come and go whenever you want and I will accept you?"

My heart stopped and I felt thorns in my throat. My cheeks burnt in embarrassment.
I hang my head low.

"I am sorry." I whispered.

"Sorry se kuch nahi hoga ab. Bohot der ho gayi hai. We are over.
Sorry wouldn't do any good to both of us. You are late. We're over."

Tears filled up in my eyes. I was so stupid to think that he will be waiting for me. So stupid to think that he loves me, so stupid to think that he is changed.

He opened a slight door for me, Indicating to get lost.

Slowly, I stepped. I wanted to shout at him, confront him, But I was too shocked to do anything. When I was about to be out. He spoke, "You're actually going?" I turned my head to look at him.

"Aww...my innocent, innocent, Wife. Agar koi aur hota na to mujhe thappad maar ke jati after what I've done. Aur Phir jaati to kabhi laut kar na aati. But you are here. still.
If there's someone else She would first slap me then will think about getting out. And if she go she would never return. But you are here. Still.

"I was joking." He announce as in that was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Joke?" My mouth went down.

Smirking, He shut the door and came closer to me. I was still in shock. He grabbed my both arms and put them on his own waist. "Aap mazak kar rahe the?
you were joking?" I sobbed.

"Yes."

"Aap mujhe divorce nahi karenge?
You wouldn't divorce me?"

He scoffed. "Never."

Smiling, I put my head on his chest and when we pulled apart he takes me bridal style into our room.