Ch-8 A GIRL NEEDS A DISTRACTION

I ran from there, as fast as I could, I didn't even take the metro instead I took a rickshaw and paid five damn hundred rupees. Can you believe that?

I was so terrified, my mind enclosed with various type of horrible scenarios like, What if he had raped me? Or murder or kidnapped me? If I didn't run from there? Is that even possible to rape someone in the building surrounded by thousands of people?

What if he had followed me? And found out my address? Oh foolish, he already had the copy of your all documents, all proofs of living in this house. If he sneaked into our house and dad found out? Before Aahil sir, my father will kill me from his own hands to not listening to him.

I already informed my father that I lost my job and will help him in his work from next week. He asked the reason behind getting my brain right on to its place, but I just shrugged my shoulder along with the question because I didn't have the mood and energy to think of an excuse and he let go.

if I'd ever go outside and encountered with Aahil sir alone then he could do anything to me, Anything?

I can't believe that he put out those words for me. No one disrespected me like that before, I felt like it was my fault, I give him some sign, to think of me like a characterless girl.

I played in my head all the time we spend together to find where he could be misunderstood but found none.

Is it possible that a person could say such filthy things to another person like, that slavish Aahil khan said to me? Was it possible to disrespect someone this further? If yes, then anything cruel could happen in this world. Anything.

"Kya hua hai? What's wrong?" Manha asked finally, she fold down one of her kurti, put it aside and took another one and started folding. She had been asking me this question from two consecutive days since right after I returned from that Hadi Empires, I had been doing normal in front of everyone but inside I was anxious and terrified.

I constantly replying Manha "Nothing" and "I lost my job that's why I am upset" but nonetheless she looked unconvinced. Fortunately, my acting skills were good enough to hide what I was feeling inside, it always had been, and my parents didn't notice anything but sometimes I hate Manha to know me so much well.

"Kuch nahi. Nothing." I lied and resumed scrolling down on my Instagram feed.

"Kuch to hai. There's something." Manha said to herself using her suspicion tone.

"Kuch nahi bas meri dream job chali gayi aur phir mujhe baba ke sath kaam karna padega isliye thodi upset hu. Nothing, it just I am upset about losing my job and I have to work with father."

"Aisa hai? Idhar dekhna. is that so? Look here." She commanded, taking a pause in between, I put my phone aside and sat straight on my bed, so now my whole body facing her, hesitantly, I looked right into her eyes, I know it was difficult for me to hide things from her. I know if I leave any sign she will grow more suspicious.

"Tu chup chup aur khoyi khoyi lag rahi hai aur tu lagatar aise bhi kar rahi hai. You seemed quiet and lost and you are continuously doing that." She pointed at my palm, which I was rubbing, and when she pointed I immediately wiped the sweat with my pyajama "Tu aise jab karti hai jab tu nervous hoti hai. Office mein kuch hua hai kya? Tere boss ne kuch kaha hai? Or your so-called friend Deepali? Wo ab bhi tujhse baat nahi kar rahi? You only do that when you are anxious or scared. Did Something happened at the office? Did your boss say something to you? Or your so-called friend Deepali? Is she still not talking to you?"

"Kuch nahi hua. Nothing happened." I frustratedly stated. I couldn't tell Manha what happened, I was too embarrassed at my position to tell her, I don't know what would be her reaction? Everyone will blame me if this topic got out, and I want to forget this as soon as possible.