The Elementum Academy - Part One

Cyrus P.O.V.
I looked up at the huge metal gates in front of me, and then over at my twin. She nodded, and after a deep breath, I rang the doorbell.
The gates swung open, revealing a huge, completely white room, with a single black desk in the middle, and a single oak door on the wall behind it. We walked up to the desk and waited a few minutes before the door opened, revealing a woman with deep purple hair, dressed in a sleek black business suit.
The woman walked up to the desk and sat down. Folding her hands, she looked up at us and smiled. "What can I do for you two today?"
Celia smiled, signaling that she thinks we can trust this lady. "We were given instructions to come to the Academy and talk directly to Chief Kasey. Is that possible?"
The woman looked astonished, but after a short pause, recollected herself. "Dean Finley has not gone by that name in over a hundred years, but he is free at the moment. Go through the door and wait until he acknowledges you."
With a quick thanks, we walked through the oak door into a small antechamber that split into two halls. The one on the left was short, and you could see a dirt path at the end of it. The one on the right was long and lined with torches. We went right.
After a few minutes of walking, we came to another door. We walked into what looked like a huge office with bookshelves on the two side walls. Seeing nobody in the room, we sat down in the lounge area and talked.
That was weird.
I nodded in agreement. Yeah. Has it really been over a hundred years?
I guess so, but will he make us call him Dean Finley? We've always called him Chief Kasey.
I hope no—
Before I could finish what I was saying, we were interrupted by Chief Kasey, not having heard him come in the back door. "I see you've already unlocked at least one of your powers. That'll make this much easier. Let's start with your names."
"I'm Celia Blackburn, and this is my twin, Cyrus Blackburn."
"Well hello. I'm Dean Finley. Welcome to The Elementum Academy. Who was your mainstay?"
"Actually, Chief Kasey, we came by ourselves." I reached into my book bag to grab the letter my parents wrote. "We were told to give this to you. I have no clue what it says, but it's long."
After silently reading through the letter, the old man sighed. "I assure you, there's nothing you don't already know in the letter. I am a bit saddened, though. I love doing the entry test, but your elementum has already been told to me. I just need to know how much you're awakened. You are a year younger than the usual freshman."
We nodded. That was one of the few things we were told before we left. We're only fourteen, but Willow said we had to come to the Academy now, instead of next year.
"We are fully awakened," Celia told the man.
His grey eyes filled with knowingness before he stood up. "You will receive your rings and schedules tomorrow. Due to the lack of... alumni in your family, you will have to fill out some significant paperwork tonight. Go back to the antechamber and follow the dirt road. The signs will tell you how to get to your dorms, though it wouldn't be that hard to figure it out without them."
With that, Chief Kasey walked out the back door, and we went back to the dirt path. After being surrounded by nothing but forests for a good ten minutes, we finally made it to a fork in the path.
There were five paths. Going from left to right, the first one was just a natural dirt path, the same as the one we were standing on, but it radiated power. The next one made me dizzy. The sunlight seemed to be flickering, shadows seemed to me moving, there were blurs everywhere, and it felt like you were in a bubble when you looked down it. In the third one, everything seemed to be so... sharp. My vision seemed to zoom in, I could hear every little thing, and my body tingled. The fourth one seemed to be glowing different colours. It was super soothing, and it made me feel calm and tired.
The last path didn't have anything particularly different about it. Except that it had leaves and tree branches almost six inches high on it. It looks like the path hadn't been walked on in ages; which it probably hadn't.
I felt a pull towards the last path, which was way off from the others, and when I looked at Celia, I knew she felt it too. Without even looking at the sign, which wouldn't have helped, since there was no sign for the last path, I knew this was the way to our dorm.
I grabbed Celia's hand. Slowly, we started to float up into the air. After getting about a foot in the air, we started walking over the path.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
After walking for about an hour, we finally came to a huge clearing. The ground was still covered in leaves and sticks, so we continued to float, but we walked up to a huge, old fashioned castle.
When we got to the door, I tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge. After looking around for a while, I found, under a fake stone, a... something.
"What's that?" Celia asked, studying the black panel with a white circle in the middle.
"I don't know, but it has a circle."
She gave me her 'duh' look before she touched the inside of the circle, just to check it out. It started flashing from yellow to black, and she jerked her hand back. After a second, she looked at the locked door and walked right through it.
I stood there, utterly confused, when she walked back out. "The doors open. What are you waiting for?"
"No it's not," I mumbled, and then I got an idea. I touched my finger into the circle, and after the flashing lights went down, I watched the giant wooden door slowly creaked open. "Now it is."
I walked inside to see exactly what I expected, a giant, old, abandoned castle. I looked at Celia with a smirk. "How much energy ya got left?"
She smirked back, knowing exactly what I was thinking. "Just enough." We grabbed hands again, combining our energy, and closed our eyes. With a rush of wind, we opened our eyes to see all the dirt and dust melting away, all the drapes opening, and furniture arranging itself. I knew it had happened in all the other hundreds of rooms, and I really wanted to go and explore every room, but along with all the times we had to use our powers over the past few days, we were exhausted. We stumbled over to the lounge area, found the two comfiest couches, and collapsed. We were both sleeping within minutes.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
We were woken up by what sounded like the world's loudest church bells. They chimed through the whole building, and we jumped up. "What's that?" I yelled to Celia, covering my ears. She was doing the same.
"What?" She yelled back, unable to hear me.
What's with the bells? I asked her as I quickly uncovered my ears to check my watch. It was nine o'clock at night.
I think it's the doorbell. Let's go check.
We walked to the door and opened it, instantly stopping the bells. Outside were a bunch of papers and leaves flying in the wind. They flew in and stacked the papers neatly on the coffee table before flying out the door, gracefully shutting it as it left.
Celia looked at me. "Three things: One. We really need to change that doorbell. Two. It feels good to finally see something familiar. And three. Did we really sleep eleven hours?"
I laughed. "Yeah, we really need to change that thing. You're right though. It does feel nice to finally see something familiar. And yes, we did sleep eleven hours. Ya know mom always said we slept for days at a time sometimes."
"Yeah, but we need to start this paperwork, so we need to stay up for a bit."
I nodded, and we went off to work.

Hey guys! Welcome to my new story, Saving the Soul Stone. I hope you really like it. I'm trying really hard to post once every two weeks, but I won't have a set schedule until late August/early September, if at all. It all just depends on if we go back to non-virtual school or not. What do you think Celia meant my "seeing something familiar?" Where do you think Cyrus and Celia came from? Have you ever slept eleven hours straight? Tell me in the comments. See you soon!