THIS FEELS UNLAWFUL BAD

CHAPTER FIVE:

Elena is fucking missing.

***

Nico pondered his frightfully chaotic livelihood.

After the few interactions he had with the supernatural at Mystic Falls, he had to wonder as to why his life couldn't be any bit, relatively normal.
He pondered the existence of these supernaturals and why their presence was accumulating so much stupor. His extended family, after all, were a culmination of numerous inexplicable myths and legends which oppose current human discovery; and yet, it was Damon's fangs, Bonnie's struggling mana, and Elena's lookalike, which amounted such shock from the decades old teen.

Nico had consciously hoped, that with separation from the physical places which were affiliated with his abnormal experiences, that perhaps he could disassociate those partialities from a new day to day lifestyle. However, it was the appearance of those existences (vampires and all the other cunts), outside his compartmentalized childhood of mythology, that truly seized the existential dread constantly looming within him. After all, the werewolves he interacted with had never willingly masked their enhanced features, witches he had associated with had never shown to be capable of tricks which Sheila and Bonnie revealed to possible, and never had he imagined, that a centurion vampire would wish to spend their immortality 'befriending' ignorant teens.
To be fair, none of those interactions, of the alike creatures with Nico, were actually positive, the werewolves he had known, preyed on unsuspecting demigods out of spiteful revenge against the olympians, that one daughter of Hecate had attempted to poison him for succeeding in revival animation magic before her, and vampires were generally avoided.

The way the Scooby gang fraternize with mortals and their livelihoods, were all facts of twilight, is what one may rationalize. Nico always accepted their 'real-ness' but had never illicit any particular interest in them past the occasional discovery that one may be a celebrity.

That isn't true now.

Nico did not know what to expect after the discordant events which occurred on the night of the founder's ball.

All in one day, he had helped the incapacitation of a centuries old vampire whilst acting as an accomplice to the two brothers whom she had sired and teasingly inebriated.
And after the dramatics which remain, Nico had refused to remain idle.

Despite his anxiousness and inability to sit still, he found that trying to occupy yourself during a minor mental crisis is actually more difficult than it seems.
Bonnie was out and about at school, experiencing a somewhat normal urban teenage lifestyle, Sheila was a fully scheduled adult with bills to pay (besides, she was draining to spend time with), whilst everyone else was practically not worth associating with.

There weren't too many fruitful possibilities.

As such, that day started off like so.

He woke from his blissful slumber, thankfully uninterrupted by any dismal prophetic dreams, to a beautifully sunny late morning, surrounded by the refreshingly neutral decor placed in the Bennett's guest bedroom.

An ironic 'live, laugh, and love' sign occupied almost the entirety of the wall adjacent to the queen sized bed, and the curtains were a settled pastel blue; just barely shielding the young demigod from the blinding morning sun.
His hair was ruffled, and his face dreary, cutely accompanied by an off putting orange shirt, with a Camp Half Blood insignia by its breast pocket.