Chapter 1: ONE

Author's Note:

This story is dedicated to LarisUSB, and inspired by AddisonAddek, Hime_no_Kowai_Shumi, and Ryleewrites.

Details on that in the second author's note at the end.

Enjoy!

bobbiejelly

Ten Times That Addison and Meredith Got Groceries Together

(And also the times where they actually didn't...)

Chapter 1: ONE

This is set sometime during Season One. Spoilers through Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice.

ONE

She couldn't reach the top shelf by herself. She cursed that fact, and the fact that that rhymed so perfectly. "Damn!" Meredith Grey swears loudly to herself as she tries to extend her body and her arms up to reach the frosted corn flakes that Cristina Yang insists on eating despite the fact that they're totally going to give them all cavities and Izzie's muffins are way better anyway. But Meredith promised, so she does the 'doctorly,' thing and keeps reaching. And failing miserably.

"Need a hand?" A husky female voice asks her from the cart right behind Meredith's. "Huh?" Says Meredith, without seeing who the voice belonged to, still struggling to pull down the correct cereal box. "Here, allow me," says the woman, who Meredith realizes is a drop-dead gorgeous redhead whose legs go on for probably ten eternities. "Who are you?" Meredith asks her.

All Meredith receives in response to that question is a hearty laugh and a box of cereal in hand.

***** END OF CHAPTER 1

Author's Note:

This story is for LarisUSB, who won a contest on "Lost & Found," by predicting the next words of a chapter, and prompted: "Did I win a prize? Wow, I think the last time I got something was on my birthday lol. I like to see ordinary and everyday things so it will be cool if you write something about Addison and Meredith doing grocery shopping together. Sorry if this is a very silly or vague idea, I just think that you would have enough space to write something with that idea."

This is totally a great idea, actually, and I'm combining it with inspiration from AddisonAddek's story "She Knows Who She Is," as well as "Just Breathe," by RyleeWrites, and "From Negative To Positive," by Hime_no_Kowai_Shumi, which you'll be able to figure out if you read those, also. Thanks for your patience in waiting for me to fill this for you! Enjoy!

And I guess this is told in the same vignette-style as the Tyzula ramble that I got myself into, but I'm breaking it up into multiple chapters because apparently, I have a phobia of 'just one-shots.' Also, I just realized that this is how Addison and- never mind I won't spoiler Private Practice here and we can forget I just alluded to something vaguely heterosexual.

THANK YOU FOR READING!

Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with typo corrections, fanfic recommendations, and of course the (on my end at least), semi-nonsensical gayish ramblings in the comments :D. More to come of this soon, LarisUSB, I hope this has been a good start to what you may or may not have had in mind with your awesome request!

bobbiejelly