Chapter 13

Today I leave for LA. All my bags were packed and we were on our way to the airport.

Since we were in a different city we didn't get a big van, but instead a three row Suburban. So we had our driver, JJ, Gilinsky, Matt, Taylor, and Sammy in the car. I had said my good byes to everyone else at the hotel.

We pulled up to the airport and everyone got out. JJ got my bags and they walked me into the airport.

"Ellie, I am so excited for you. I'm sorry I made you doubt that for even a minute. See you in a week little sis." JJ said while giving me a hug.

"I never did. And a week can't come sooner. Love you." I said while still hugging him. Then I moved onto Gilinsky.

"Good luck. You totally deserve this." He said into my hair. He had always felt like a brother. "Love you Ellie."

"I love you too Gilinsky. See you in a week." I told him. Next was Matt.

"You are gonna go places Ellie. Trust me." He told me.

"And I am going to take you every where with me. I will never leave you Matthew Lee Espinosa." I said pulling him into a hug.

"Love you Ellie Marie Johnson." Matt replied.

"Ellie, my best friends baby sister." Sammy said.

"I'm only two minutes younger than him, stop calling me 'baby sister.'" I laughed.

"Well, you will always be a baby to me." Sammy said pulling me into yet another hug. That's like a million today already.

"Alright what ever you want to say." I said. Last but not least was Mr. Taylor Caniff.

"Hey Tay." I said ruffling his hair.

"Don't touch the hair. You should know that my now." He said adjusting his bandana. "But I am going to miss you like crazy. Don't forget to visit." He said.

"Never in a million years would I forget." I said hugging him.

"I have a present before you leave." He said going back to the car and grabbing a little box.

"Taylor you didn't have to get me anything." I said.

"I wanted to." He handed me the box and I opened it. Folded up all nicely in the box was a pink bandana already folded up and ready to wear.

"Taylor, thank you so much." He took it out of the box and tied it around my head. It looked pretty good saying that my hair was in a really messy bun.

"When you get to LA, unfold it." He whispered. I hugged him again, said by to everyone, and went through security and waited for the plane to board.

When we landed in LA, there was a man waiting for me with my name on a card after baggage claim. Each time that happens it gets cooler and cooler.

I got to the hotel and got a call from my mom.

(E- Ellie, M- Mom)

E- hello?

M- hey sweetheart, bad news.

E- and that is?

M- I can't make it to LA for your meeting. Dad is really sick so I need to stay here. I'm sorry baby doll.

E- um it's ok. I'm 17 I can manage. Tell daddy I hope he gets better. Love you guys.

M- love you too. Call me afterwards with how it went.

E- okay. I'll add you to the long list of people. Bye Mama.

M- bye baby.

Well that sucks. But I can take care of myself.. I hope.

I took a shower, put on my pjs and blow dried and straightened my hair so then it would be easier to get ready in the morning. Then I remembered what Taylor said, When you get to LA, unfold it. So I did just that. When I unfolded it, I found a note written in one corner of it.

Ellie, I am beyond proud of you. You are going to go so far in life. I actually got a deal with the group 2Virgins and so I will be out in LA after our last show. Don't tell, you're the only one who knows. Love, Taylor

That note made me smile and I couldn't stop smiling. I am so excited for Taylor, and I'm even more excited to see him soon.

I folded the bandana back up and put it in a pocket in my backpack.

The next morning, I restraightened my hair and put on light makeup. I didn't want to look like a crazy psyco person when I meet Sam Smith. Then I wanted to look grown up and not so teenager so NO crop tops. So I went through all my stuff. And turns out I have basically nothing for this kind of thing.

Luckily, I got up super early so I can go and shop for a new outfit. I think I have good shoes so I just need a new dress. So the first thing I did was look up my favorite dress shop. And sure enough there was one within walking distance.

Once I got there, I was overwhelmed. This shop is so much bigger than the one back home. But really, everything is bigger here. I walked around the shop and there were so many options. I decided to go with a long, lace dress. It was a cream color and just perfect. But knowing me, I need more color than that. I remembered having turquiose booties that would look amazing with this so now all I need is some jewelry.

I walked down the street and found a cute little jewelry store that had everything I need (outfit & jewelry above). So I went back to my hotel and got ready. I looked pretty good. So then I called an uber to come pick me up. And about 20 minutes later, we pulled up to his office building. It was huge.

I walked up to the reception desk.

"Hello. How can I help you?" The lady at the desk asked me.

"Hi I'm Ellie Johnson and I have an appointment to meet with Sam Smith and his manager." I told her.

"Oh great to meet you. His office is on the 3rd floor down the right hallway. He has another receptionist there to check in with." She told me.

"Thank you."

I walked to the elevator and clicked the 3rd floor button, but before the door could close, James Mason walked in.

"Hello Ellie, I was just going to our meeting." He told me.

"Yeah, me too." I said laughing to myself.

Once we pulled up to the floor, Mr. Mason told me to follow him instead of checking in at the reception desk. Then he led me into his office where I'm guessing Sam was too. He opened the door for me and my first impression was that this man had money because his office was HUGE and expensive. Then I saw Sam Smith sitting in a chair at a table and I almost died.

"Hello, you must be Ellie." He said in his amazing British accent.