Lucas is a Soldier

•Maya

I haven't seen him in over 5 months, but there's a greater chance I might not see him again. 5 months into Lucas's 6 month tour his helicopter crashed, no one knows anything more than that simple information.

People are gathered around the airport gate in groups, most people are crying. Everyone is hoping their loved one made it out alive. It brings me to tears thinking that some of these people have kids and they aren't going to get a chance to say goodbye to their mom or dad.

But little baby Paxton might not get the chance to say hello to his father.

Two weeks after Lucas left I got the news I was five weeks pregnant with his child. I wanted so badly to tell him the news, but Lucas was in a no phone zone.

A young man, probably around Lucas's age walks out of the terminal. He's immediately engulf into a hug by a group of people.

I watch everyone let out a sign of relief as a brother, sister, uncle, aunt, mom, dad, cousin, or friend get reunited. Every time I wish it was me and that I was hugging Lucas.

Just as everyone starts to leave I lose all hope. Lucas was someone who was killed in the accident. I mange to pull myself together and start walking towards the exit.

But when I turn around he's standing there.

Lucas dropped his bags and rushes over to where I was standing. I wrap my arms around him and all the tears coming pouring out of my eyes.

"I thought I lost you forever," I choked out, "I love you so much. Please don't ever leave us again."

"Never," Lucas cried, "I love you."

"I missed you so much."

"I missed you everyday."

I pulled Lucas hand and placed it on my stomach, "We missed you."

Lucas took his other hand and placed it on my stomach as well, "Hi baby. I'm your daddy. I promise I won't leave you or your mommy ever again."

"I picked out a name. Paxton, the name you fell in love with once I said it."

"I can't wait to meet him."

-

This one is kinda sad, but it has a happy ending.