20. DOUBLE TROUBLE

Start from the beginning

....Our favorite Hollywood gentleman who owns billions of hearts, well he's gonna get the taste of his own medicine as now he has fallen head over heels for this young woman, a source has revealed that she is an employee of signature heights....

I stopped reading as it finally registered what Josh had been trying to tell me all this while. I felt my throat go dry. My mind was drawing a blank as I couldn't form any words, I looked up at Josh in complete shock.

"It's Alex dude, look at the picture!" He hurried and I quickly snapped my eyes to a picture below the article on the next page where they were hugging and I realised that the photograph was from yesterday night after the party, she was dressed in the same clothes.

"So what? She can date anyone she wants, why are you even showing this to me?" I threw the magazine back at Josh in irritation and he caught it. I shot him a glare for rubbing this stupid piece of information in my face. Some friend he was....

"Geez! stop being so moody, so what if you liked her, you didn't know she was taken...but it's okay there are plenty of fish in the sea" he said and after a moment he bursts out laughing at my 'situation'.

"She- I...I don't like her!" I denied. What the hell is he going on about?

Josh shot me a look "Yeah right! and I'm a goldfish" he said sarcastically.

"That explains your brain capacity" I said, while I opened my laptop to check the mail and ignored his existence.

"I feel sorry for you man" I would have believed him if he wasn't guffawing his heart out while saying that.

"We both know you're feeling anything but sorry right now" I retorted.

"Stop sulking! You always bury yourself in work when you want to avoid thinking" Josh says and shuts my laptop on my fingers. "I just wanted you to know before you dove in too deep."

I give him a dangerous look but he seems unfazed "I don't like her and I'm not sulking! Can't you just get it through your thick skull!"

"Oh, Okay...I'm convinced!" Josh threw his hands in mock surrender and dropped himself back down in one of the chairs clearly unconvinced. I sighed and attempted to tone down my urge to harm my best friend and flipped open my laptop again.

The phone on my table started to ring and I picked it up. "Yes?" The anger in my voice was evident.

"Who did you kill now?" said the voice of my sister Jennifer. She seemed entertained by my nonexistent greeting.

"No one yet, but Josh is not gonna live a long happy life, I guarantee you that" I smiled. She can make me smile without even trying. Josh smiles wickedly at me, I know that look, it says 'bring it on!'

I put Jennifer on speaker and told her that. "Hey Josh!" She greeted him chirpily, sensing his presence over the phone. Yeah, it is THAT obvious that he's always here.

"Hey Jenn, what's up?" He greeted her back.

"Nothing... I'm just getting bored at work!" She stated.

"If you're bored, go out. Don't call me, I have work to do" I suggested.

"Now now, Jensen...is that how you treat your elders?" She teased.

"It's four minutes damnit, four minutes!" I said grumpily. Jenn and I are twins. She's older than me by a few freaking minutes, but she loves to use that to her advantage and annoy me to death.

"What's gotten him so grumpy again?" She was clearly asking this to Josh and he was more than eager to answer.

"Jenn, you won't believe what's going on with this one, for the first time in forever he actually liked a girl but she's already taken, plus, cherry on the top- she's dating that famous star Kyle Brook." He summed it up, sputtering nothing but utter nonsense.