19. FRIENDS OR FOES?

Start from the beginning

"You are a dead man!" I told him as I ran after him and he blocked himself behind furniture, trying to put as many obstacles and distance as possible between us.

"What did I do?" He asks in a meek voice.

"You have the audacity to ask me that after everything that you've done?!" I yelled. "Mom, Dad, Sam... arrange a funeral, you execute him or I kill him...either way he dies." I stopped to talk to my parents and then continued to chase him. Yes, I was at my parents house. Kyle apparently didn't remember my address, so he brought me here. Doofus!

"You can't just blame me, you were there too!" He cried.

"So what are you implying, this is all my fault?!" I roared in anger.

"Well, it's not my fault!" he insisted.

Mess. Everything was a mess.

All because of one lame misunderstanding and my brother's utter foolishness. Last night when he came to pick me up, we were both spotted together driving away in his car and now the morning news says-

'Kyle Brook the most eligible bachelor in town was spotted last night near the Samberg towers with a young lady. They seemed quite close and everyone is wondering if it is that secret love affair media recently got the air of? It's hard to predict anything on this basis alone, but It seems like Mr. Hollywood had finally got his heart stolen.'

We both bickered back and forth. "You better stop running or I'm gonna rip your f*cking head off." He didn't stop and continued to wreck the whole house, trying to hide behind stupid things.

"Alex, mind your language!" Mom shouted but I ignored her, I had more important things to do than minding my language at the moment. Her anger was nothing as compared to mine.

"Kyle, I swear to god I won't leave you alive, so it'd be better for you to walk up to me and accept a punch in the face" I threatened. I looked at a smiling Sam and said "Get me your boxing gloves."

"On it!" He saluted and jogged away.

Meanwhile, mom got tired of our conflict and stood up, "Stop it both of you, Rick aren't you going to say something?" she included dad who was lounging on the couch, leisurely reading the newspaper like there wasn't a commotion happening around him.

"Yes, of course I'll say something... kids! You shouldn't have dated each other in the first place!" He said with mock seriousness. I rolled my eyes at his remark.

"Why is everything a joke to you?" Mom snapped.

"It's not...I'm dead serious!" Dad tried to maintain a tough posture but burst out laughing.

I'm really hating this day.

Kyle ran and hid behind mom, using her as a protective human shield. Mom couldn't take it anymore so she took hold of Kyle and pushed him in front of me.

"Thanks ma" I appreciated her kindness as I picked up a flower vase placed on the table to smack my brother.

"Don't hurt me, my shoulder is still healing and all my endorsement dealers will sue me!" He informed me. As if I didn't know...

"Yes! Exactly, that is the problem! Why do you have to be an actor, couldn't you be something low key... like a doctor, fashion designer, engineer or even gay would have worked, atleast they wouldn't have jumped to such an absurd conclusion!" I was shaking him by holding his collar the whole time I yelled and he cringed at every word I was spewing at him.

"Why can't you see the brighter side in all this, you are famous now!" Kyle suggested and flashed a wide grin.

"That's the dullest bright side I've ever seen!" I said. Everyone knew I hated the spotlight, I had mastered the art of invisibility, and avoided Kyle in the public's eye since his debut. At all costs I stayed away only to now have it thrown in my face because of a stupid drunken decision.