11. ONE STEP FORWARD, TWO STEPS BACK

Start from the beginning

This was obviously not my work but my assistant Nick seemed to be in a hurry to get home this evening to his family and me being the awesome boss that I am, I relieved him of his duties earlier than usual, and in exchange he decided to buy me an early dinner.

As a result I'm typing my mails myself, obviously shocked at the vast number of them and already wishing I could go to sleep.

Surprisingly enough, this weekend my boss didn't dump a lot of work on me, my mom was probably the most excited about that tiny fact and made the most of it, we went out for lunch, shopping and almost brought the entire shopping mall home...trust my mom to go overboard. I sighed, thinking how she was definitely still mad at me about this morning, she's stubborn like that.

It was obviously shocking to find out that Jensen Black and I can get along sometimes, but that didn't change anything of course, we were both too stubborn to be anything but hostile towards each other.

As per usual I had managed to avoid him as much as possible and so far it had worked well in my favor. When I heard a soft rustle my eyes instantly jolted for the door expecting my food but when I found no one there, I pouted in disappointment and returned to my work.

Nick had been incredibly thoughtful when he noticed that I hardly ate anything for lunch and drowned in paperwork the entire day. He took matters into his own hands to fix that and set out to the nearby food joint even after I repeatedly told him not to.

My eyes skimmed across the mail that was from our advertisement company and quickly I responded with tonnes of positivity. It's been almost three weeks since we took up this new project of marketing a handful of luxurious apartments and ever since the advertisements came up it's been an absolutely busy schedule for the decisive group working on it.

Unfortunately, I was very actively included in this group.

A knock on my door perked me up and again I looked up hoping it was Nick with my chicken wings and lemonade but no....it was the devil himself, in the flesh.

"Yes?" I asked flatly, my excitement deflated into thin air.

"Kate left already and I can't find Nick..." he trailed off, annoyance dripping from his words. He's the one knocking on people's doors and then giving them random information. Does he even have the right to be annoyed?

"So?!" I snapped, I don't really know why, maybe because I wasn't in a great mood this evening or maybe cause he wasn't Nick and didn't have any food with him, or maybe it was just him, you know after dodging him for the whole day....I don't know, but as soon as I opened my mouth this anger just sprouted out.

"Can you come attend a meeting with me. I need you to brief a client." He said and marched out in his usual style.

Yeah sure, why not? I'm here just for that, attending meetings day and night is the very essence of my happiness. Biting back a sarcastic remark I pushed myself off the chair and followed him to his office.

The first half of his office room consisted of huge leather couches that looked rather comfy, it was subtly lit with a few lamps as the redlight from the setting sun flooding in through the undone blinds did all the work to set an atmosphere for a perfect nap. No Alex stop! Stop thinking about napping, you have work to do.

The view from the window overlooking the entire concrete jungle and the coast was unique in its own way. Beautiful paintings adorned the walls and the fresh colorful flowers in the porcelain vases added a new element to the room, somehow it seemed to give an elegant touch which was unexpected to say the least.

I heard another set of footsteps approaching and quickly went to grab a notepad and pen. It's better to get this thing done so that I can return to my own work and then home.