I forced myself to think;

I got this.

*********************************

I had a big smile shining through my eyes, the nervousness I felt before was entirely replaced by a blissful feeling rushing through my veins.

I saw Kate standing a few doors down the long spacious corridor and I waved at her, barely bottling my excitement.

As I walked up to her she curiously asked me through edgy gritted teeth, while looking at me like she was trying to figure out the inner workings of my brain. "How was it?!"

I tried not to let my smile spillover, but it was too difficult to contain. "Amazing!" I said, failing to tone down my excitement and grinned like my mouth was going to split into two.

"Yeah, the overly huge grin says it all" she informed me jokingly before she lunged forward to hug me, and we sort of swayed from side to side while locked in a breath-stealing embrace.

"I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but gotta say I'm feeling very optimistic about this one," I told her seriously, as we pulled apart.

"I can't believe how good it was Kate, the interviewer might as well be my long lost friend" I breathed, my smile was getting broader and broader if it was even possible. "I feared that it was going to turn into an interrogation but it seemed like an easy-going conversation, I almost forgot I was there for an interview."

She smiled at me and teased "Are you sure you graduating on top of your class from Harvard business school had nothing to do with it?"

"Maybe..." I pursed my lips and winked at her.

Taking in my attire she complimented "Nice transformation by the way..."

I looked down at my sneakers, black columnist pants, fitted plain white top and bragged a little "I do clean up pretty well, don't I?" We both chuckled. "Kate, let's go out for a coffee" I suggested, suddenly craving caffeine.

Her eyes lit up, but then the spark diminished gradually "No, I can't... sorry, my boss is returning today, and I have to be here" She frowned apologetically.

"Com'on don't be so uptight, we still have like, a half-hour before he arrives, we'll be back in no time" I insisted. "Or you can just ditch him" I smirked playfully.

"He's not my brother Alex, he's my boss" she rolls her eyes at me, obviously finding my suggestion useless.

"You are neglecting some major best-friend obligations right now" I warn her, she rolls her eyes. "This day would forever remain engraved in history as the day you chose your boss over our friendship." This just made her straight out laugh, while I was busy holding a very serious frown.

"I'm sorry, but this is non-negotiable, we'll celebrate some other time. It'll be on me." She pleaded while giving me her puppy eyes. Gaah...I can't win with her!

"Okay, then I'll get going," I said in a fake sad voice "Alone....all alone..."

Kate obviously saw right through my act but I kept up the charade anyway, even when she says "Don't do anything stupid."

I enact an exaggerated gasp, "Have you no faith in me?!"

She made a face at my dramatics but gave me another hug before leaving to attend to her 'important work'.

I looked around, taking in the fancy office environment and made my way towards the elevator. Getting out at the ground floor I walked towards the door which functions as the main common entry and exit for the building, again I was pleasantly surprised with the beautiful paintings and indoor fountain over there, it had a refined look to it, eye-catching yet perfect for the work environment. Without my anxiety playing a part, I was able to appreciate it better this time around.