Chapter 7 - Nightmare

Start from the beginning

     "I'm not done tying these scumbags. Besides, the police will be here soon." He tied off the knot and pulled out a paper and wrote a quick note for Inspector Tachiki. "Alright, let's go." He walked over to the door and looked back at her. But she stayed still and stared at him. "We'll talk, just come on." She nodded and followed him out of the warehouse and down an ally.

     "Shirou, are you still worried? I know you were there last night." She looked up him and he paused, the sirens got closer. He lip tilted, but it didn't feel right. He started to climb up the building and they got on the roof. He stood in the middle and stared at her.

     "I was there, I just wanted to check on you." He stared at her shoulder. There wasn't any scarring, she was fine. She frowned and walked closer to him.

     "I'm fine, you know I'm alright, Shirou." She held up her arms, but he just stared at her with that neutral face, he didn't even look grumpy.

     "I know," He moved his eyes to her's and she swore there was something so sad there. "I do, I just have problems sometimes." He glanced at her neck, she's alright.

     "Do you want to hang out all day?" She walked a little closer and his eyes went back to her's.

     "That might be nice." He looked over the side of the building, there are so many beastmen and now humans in this city. We're still breathing, she's still alive.

     "Want to go home or spend the rest of the day out here?" She looked out next to him, smile on her face.

     "What choices, is it my birthday?" He smiled at her. She gasped.

     "Is it?" She stared at him all wide eyed as he tried to hide his smile behind his hand.

     "Shirou?!"

---

     "I can't believe you trolled me like that!" She swatted him as they made their way back home.

     "I didn't, tomorrow is my birthday." He didn't even flinch at her light hits.

     "What? Wait, what's today!" She pulled out her phone and stared at the date. '9/14' "Your birthday is on the fifteenth?" She stopped swatting as they crossed the street.

      "Yes." He glared at the car that came in too close for his comfort.

     "Do you have any plans for tomorrow?" She looked so excited, if he didn't know better he'd say it was her birthday too.

     "Not really, I've had a lot of birthdays, besides Melissa and Gem already know so I'm sure they'll do something. They have every year since they found out." He had a big lip tilt as they walked by a bakery.

     "Why didn't they tell me?" She pouted.

     "I don't know, maybe it just didn't come up." He just sighed and shook his head at her.

     "Maybe." She shrugged.

     "Hey, don't you like that drink?" He pointed at the Fire Bull stand.

     "I do!" She started in the direction of the stand with Shirou at her side.

---

     "I'm going to bed now, good night." Shirou waved at them after washing his dishes. Michiru's ears went up and she started to eat a little faster. He walked past them and went through the door.

     "So Michiru, do you have any plans for tomorrow?" Melissa smiled at her and Gem picked up her now plate.

     "If you're talking about the fact that tomorrow is his birthday, then nothing other than making sure he gets a nice surprise." she smiled back at Melissa.