Visit Five

Visit Five:

Reason: Check up, blood work

Symptoms: None

Time in: 10:00 am August 31st, 2014

Jennie sat in the chair, tapping her foot against the flooring of Doctor Kim's office. Jisoo. It was Jisoo's office. Jisoo who was 15 minutes late, but still Jisoo. Jennie had said it to herself a few times, practiced it, making sure it sounded natural on her tongue. She liked the name, or at least, she liked it more than its owner.

This was the edge she could get, this was the small semblance of power. She remembered when she first started out as an idol, really started. Saying someone's name gave you a tie to a person, a familiarity, a closeness. Most people loved it when Jennie said their name, they'd blush and get all starry-eyed. But Jisoo wasn't most people.

She was frigid, mean and closed off. Closeness was the last thing she would want from Jennie, so Jennie gave it to her anyways with one, simple word.

Jennie heard loud footsteps outside of the door and knew it was Jisoo, so when the door opened Jennie made sure to smile at her. Jisoo glanced down to where Jennie was sitting, gave a small grunt, and looked at her clipboard.

"Blood work today, Ms.Kim," Jisoo said, not bothering to look up.

"Jennie."

"Which arm?"

Jennie glared at Jisoo, but Jisoo wouldn't even look up from her damn board to see the glare, so really she just looked stupid. "Joohyun did it last time, Jisoo."

"Joohyun is our only nurse today and is helping out another doctor. Now, Ms. Kim, which arm?"

"Call me Jennie, and I'll tell you." Jennie flashed one of her famous smiles, the really cute one she used when she wanted something. The one where she made her eyes go all big and-

"Don't tell me, and I'll restrain you."

Of course that wouldn't work. Jennie pouted, folding her arms one over the other. "Ji-Jisoo you can't do that. It's not allowed."

"Well, I can refer you to another doctor." Jisoo finally looked up at Jennie, smiling as she did so.

Dammit dammit dammit.

"You can be so mean..." Jennie said with a more exaggerated pout. Going with cute was going to have to be the method today, after all, it seemed to annoy Jisoo more than any other variant of herself. Jennie sighed, rolling her head right to left. "Left!"

Jisoo went to the counter, pulling out a small, black box. Inside were viles and a needle.

Jennie felt her stomach drop at the sight. With Joohyun it wasn't so bad because at least she talked to Jennie, however - she didn't expect the same courtesy with Jisoo.

"How have you been feeling?" Jisoo asked, flicking one of the needles.

Jennie looked at it and gulped. It was especially unnerving considering the way Jisoo was smiling at her. Like she was going to enjoy this. "Uh...good. I guess."

"Stay still," Jisoo said. She wrapped something that looked like a giant, broken rubber band around Jennie's upper left arm tight so that the circulation was cut off. Then with narrowed eyes she looked up and down Jennie's arm. Slowly, Jisoo pressed her thumb against the skin of Jennie's wrist, pushing down on a popped out blue vein. "You've got good veins."

"I think that's the first time you've ever been nice to me," she said, the cute slipping out of her voice despite effort.

Jisoo looked down at her arm again, needle in hand, and stuck her.

" Mmph." Jennie forced herself to look away from the needle and tube and Jisoo. Jisoo who was staying dead silent while Jennie was clearly in pain. Jennie never thought she'd miss Joohyun so much in her life.

Jennie couldn't even feel the needle anymore, but just knowing it was in her. Each passing second, minute, moment, felt like hours of something draining the blood from her.

And then, without warning, Jisoo jerked the needle out causing Jennie to let out a loud whimper. "Hold onto that," Jisoo said, positioning Jennie's thumb over a small, reddening cotton swab.

She put a bandage over it. "Keep that on for at least an hour. You'll most likely bruise, but if it is any worse than that call--" she paused, biting her cheek. "A hospital."

Jennie gave a faint smile. "Your hospital?"

"Examination table," Jisoo said, gesturing towards it.

Jennie stayed reasonably quiet the rest of the appointment. A little tired and, literally, a little drained.