CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

The next day we packed and moved to our new apartment. I was already up while Iroh was making jook for breakfast. I was waterbending mainly turning it into different ice weapons and practicing.
   Our new place is in the upper ring of the city which was beautiful and had an amazing view. It was also very spacious and comfortable. The area was safer than where we perviously lived.

   "What's that smell?" Zuko asked rubbing his eyes. He came from his bedroom.

   "It's jook," Iroh replied stiring the rice porrage. "I'm sure you wouldn't like it."

   Zuko walked over and sniffed it. "Actually it smells delicious." He smiled, a sweet and innocent smile and picked up a bowl. "I'd love a bowl Uncle."

   Iroh looked at him suspiciously. "Now that your fevers gone, you seem different somehow."

   "It's a new day, we've got a new apartment." Zuko said walking to the table with his bowl. "New furniture, a great girlfriend and today's the grand opening of your new tea shop! Things are looking up, Uncle" he sipped the jook.

   Iroh and I both smiled. I leaned into Zuko's ear. "You're easy on the eyes, Zuko." He smiled and kissed my cheek, "I love your smile." I said to him.

   "I fell in love with your smile." Zuko replied and though the cheesiness was making me sick it also made my stomach fill of butterflies so I let it pass off.

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

   We got ready for work and Iroh opened the tea shop up for the grand opening. I had to admit the uniforms are much cuter than the aprons we wore at the other tea shop.

  "Who thought that when we came to the city as refugees that I'd end up owning my own tea shop." Iroh spoke. We looked at all the customers. "Follow you passion and life will reward you."

   "Congratulations Uncle." Zuko said. I couldn't get over his cute smile.

  "Congratulations , Iroh." I said.

   "I couldn't be more grateful." Iroh said.

   "You deserve it the Jasmine Dragon will be the best tea shop in the city!" Zuko claimed.

   "No." Iroh looked at him. "I'm thankful because you decided to share this special day with me, It means more than you know."

   I watched the two hug and Iroh pulled me in.

   I thought about what he said to me a long time ago, when I first met him. What he told me about Zuko.
   He was right, but then again when is he not? There was room to grow for new people but only if I wanted too, I guess his words always stuck even after my first escape from them. I mean he wasn't the only person I opened up for and I don't regret most of the people I allowed to grow close with.

   "Now let's serve, these people tea!" Zuko announced.

   "Yes! Let's make some tea!" Iroh said and we went to work.

   "This new Zuko, is kinda scary." I joked nudging him and following them into the kitchen.

    The Jasmine Dragon was a large tea shop so we had other people working with us. The girls wore these beautiful soft green dresses, the men wore dark green uniforms.