CHAPTER THREE

It had been a couple of days since we had ran away from Zuko's sister and her attempt to take her family prisoners.

   We were walking in the woods hiding from both Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom warriors. Since we had been in one of the colonies it made it a nightmare.
   We had changed into Earth Kingdom clothes but I guess people would be able to tell who we were. I mean I have freckles and Zuko has a scar on his face.

   I was sitting on a rock watching Zuko look for berries on a bush. I looked up shielding my eyes from the hot sun. It was a hot day and I was so sick of it, considering it only being spring there was still a refreshing breeze but I was just a bit irritated by all that has happened the last week.
His hair had now grown over his head but it was still very short, my hair hasn't grown at all which made me jealous of him. I had used his knife to fix most of the uneven bits which made it easier to tame.

   "There's nothing in these woods!" I whined.

I was tired. Tired of walking, tired of sleeping on the dirt, and tired of eating nothing but fish.

   "Let's go find, uncle." Zuko said clearly annoyed.

   "I can always get us fish." I suggested and he stopped making me walk into his back and grumble. Zuko turned and looked at me.
"I know, I should have mentioned it sooner but I really wanted berries or fruit."

   "Kaida! This isn't what you want! It's what we can get!" He continued to lecture me about surviving and how he didn't deserve this.

   As soon as we got to a bush I stopped and stopped him. "All right! Calm down." I pushed through the bush and he did the same causing us both to fall, he fell on top of me and both of us blushed staring at each other.

   "Kiss me." I whispered.

   "What?" He asked confused with a deeper blush.

   "Kiss me," I repeated a smile slowly creeping up my face. "It would be a romantic story if two sworn enemies fell in love, No?" I smirked and flip him off of me.

   I had to admit I did feel a little better after teasing him but I also felt a little sad as if I was betraying Yoshiro. I was trying to lighten the mood between us so I could actully do something to help him. It's impossible.
   I got up to look at Iroh, he was crouched down. "We couldn't find anything to eat."

   "I can't live like this!" Zuko complained kicking at the dirt. "I wasn't meant to be a fugative. This is impossible!" He turned around. "Uncle, what are you doing?"

   "You both are looking at at the rare White Dragon bush." Iroh said, we looked over his shoulder at the beautiful plant. "It's leaves make a tea so delicious it's heart breaking. That or it's the White Jade bush which is poisonous."

   "We need food not tea." Zuko told his uncle. "Kaida, and I are going fishing."

"For the millionth time." I muttered. Then looked at Iroh. "Don't do it, Iroh." I warned before following Zuko.

⇢ ⇢ ⇢

   We found a shallow river and again I sat down as Zuko crouched down watching and waiting. I watched Zuko try to fish and chuckled every time he failed.
It really reminded me of Sokka, he wasn't the best hunter back home but he was good enough, Zuko was just terrible.

   "That's it! I'm not some peasant! You fish!" He shouted holding the stick to me.

   "Oh and I am?" I asked and he looked at me. "Do not answer that. Don't even think about your answer."
I pushed the stick away and made a wall, the fish trapped in, I smiled over at Zuko. "See, easy peasy!"