Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"I'm suggesting that we'll resort to denying the whole issue

"I'm suggesting that we'll resort to denying the whole issue. Walang magsasalita. We'll just let the issue runs its course."

I'm stuck in the conference room listening to them airing their action plans. Magpi-pitong oras na kaming nagmemeeting and every hour we spent here is equivalent to every hour I spent without Maudie. I couldn't call her. Let alone, text her because the management confiscated my phone. Naiinis na ako pero hindi ko naman iwanan to. This is the last thing I can do for the label that paved the way to reach our dreams.

Hindi naman ako ingrato. I gave thanks when it is due.

"What if I'll just come clean? I'll tell our fans that we are dating. Bakit pa kailangan magsinungaling or magtago? Would it become worst if I will lie to them?" I interrupted their exchange. Kanina pa kasi nila ako hindi pinagsasalita. I was supposed to 'listen' only.

Natahimik ang mga tao sa loob ng conference room. I scanned their face. Half of them think I'm delusional and think it was a bad idea. The other half think that it was just right because they couldn't think of other ways to get ourselves out of this mess. I'm growing more and more frustrated by the minute.

"The thing is, maybe, Brandon is right. We could just go for the right thing this time. We could give it a shot." One staff agreed to me.

"Sa tingin mo ba magugustuhan ng mga fans mo iyan? If you believe that Brandon, you're deluding yourself. Don't you think that girl would be accepted by your fans just because you tell them that you love her? Ha, don't be ridiculous," seryosong sabi ng head of operations ng kumpanya.

"She will be hated by thousands of your fans. She will be the subject of public ridicule. Can you handle that, Brandon?" Dagdag niya pa.

"Yes. I love her. I can protect her. And the opinion of the fans does not matter."

I have to admit that even though I said that with conviction and so much finality on my voice, I'm still unsure if I could shield her from everything that the world will throw at her. Isa lang ang sigurado ko, I will fight for her. I will fight as long as she's with me.

"Your love wouldn't save you both. Your love would not save you, your career, and the life of that innocent girl you dragged into this world. Here I am, thinking that maybe you learned your lessons but I was wrong. That isn't loving, Brandon. That was a reckless move." The head of the operations' voice was louder this time, na para bang pinagdidikdikan niya sa akin yung mga sinasabi niya. She was mad but there's something else - it's disappointment and pity.

The chairman was just being quiet. Hindi niya siguro inaasahan na magkikita ulit kami para mag-usap. Ako din naman. I thought na isang issue lang ang haharapin ko ngayong araw. This day was exceptionally long and I just wanted to take a rest, to be with Maudie and to be at home and in peace. Mahirap bang ibigay sa akin yon?