Chapter 10

Chapter 10

(A/N: Warning: Vulgar words ahead

(A/N: Warning: Vulgar words ahead.)

It didn't take long for Sotto to fetch me. Tahimik lang kaming dalawa sa loob ng sasakyan. I do not know what to say to him. Whatever the issue here with the band is definitely catching up on him because he looked pretty stressed. Atsaka he would opt out to talk about the issue the next day. Yung fact pa lang na nagpatawag siya ng emergency meeting says it all.

The outside of the building was awfully quiet. Walang nakabantay na press.

"The calm before the storm," Sotto muttered silently beside me. I decided not to comment on that because whatever boulder we're going to hit, it will hit me straight on my face pagkatapak pa lang namin sa management floor.

We took the elevator and proceed to the eleventh floor. I heard my partner here, sighing for maybe a million times since he went back to my unit from Maudie's.

"That bad, man?" I curiously asked him.

He momentarily looked at me and then back at his reflection on the elevator. I watched him bite the insides of his cheeks.

"Huh?"

"You looked stressed?" I supplied to him.

Pinanood ko yung reflection niya sa salamin ng elevator and I didn't know but something just crossed on his eyes. I couldn't pinpoint it but I swear there's something not good on that look.

"Not stressed, more than pissed off to clean up all this mess."

Saktong bumukas ang pinto ng elevator saka siya naunang lumabas mula doon. Sandali akong naiwan sa loob na gulat pero agad din akong humabol sa kanya.

I do not want to get pissed but I guess there's always the first time lalo na this thing, issue or whatever it was, ruined my first date with Maudie. I would definitely call that as a first date. Hopefully, I could ask for another.

Maudie.

Oh god, even her name sounded so good in my ears.

She'll beat me in the league. I will make sure of that. Nobody will suspect me because they didn't know my other persona. And that being said, I could enjoy a nice meet and greet with her and the fans won't suspect anything.

Meeting her opened new things for me. Kahit ngayon ko pa lang talaga siya nakilala, I know I like her and the thing going on between us, what I felt when we were together and all those signs she was giving me, I wanted that to work. We could make it work, the both of us.