Chapter 12

Chapter 12

She won. Well, it was partly my doing because I killed all her enemies for her hanggang sa ako na lang yung natira sa dulo and then, just like that, she shot me. Just like how she shot my heart. Corny.

Shit. Why did I say that?

After the event, I had a mini-interview with the staff from the organizers. Nagshoot din ako ng invitational and promotional video kaya hindi ako agad nakalaya sa event. Even though I was tired and feeling a little bit sick, I still want to see her tonight. Eto lang yung nilu-look forward ko buong araw.

Seeing her smile, the cute sounds she makes when she giggles, the red blotches on her face that form sparks on my body. I'm ecstatic just knowing that I make her giggle and I make her blush. She's a simple woman and that is one of the best things about her. One of the many things I love about her.

The waiting room was now free from the cameramen and production staff. Ako na lang at mga iilang make-up artists at stylists ang naririto. They're fixing their tools and the clothes na ginamit ko kanina.

I grabbed the black hoodie lying on the couch and went to the room's own comfort room. Nang maisuot ko na yung hoodie saka na ako lumabas. I grabbed my cap, my keys, wallet and my phone. Dumaan ako sa likod papuntang parking lot. I looked left and right bago pumasok sa sasakyan ko. There's no imminent danger na may makikita akong paparazzi but I just wanted to be sure. Wala din namang mawawala kung magiingat ako.

Pagkapasok ko sa aking sasakyan agad ko din naman itong pinaandar papuntang Makati. I even brought a wine and a picnic basket na pineprepare ko kaninang tanghali para sa aming dalawa. It wasn't a feast. Just some fruits and sandwiches lang. Enough for both of us at kung hindi naman enough yun for the both of us, we could always ask for deliveries. And I have some canned beers in the refrigerator if she doesn't feel like drinking wine. I made a mental note na next time, I'll ask the cleaner to stock up some groceries.

I thanked the heavens kasi wala akong nadatnan na traffic sa daan. I checked the surroundings first bago ako bumababa ng sasakyan dala dala yung picnic basket na inihanda ko. I lowered my head and tucked the cap lower para masigurado ko lang na natatakpan yung mukha ko. The hoodie provided additional shabby disguise din. I entered the elevator and pushed the desired floor saka ako sumiksik sa corner. I doubt it if tenants would still use the elevator at this time but just to make sure, nanatiling sa mga sapatos ko lang ako nakatingin.

When the elevator reached the floor, agad agad akong lumabas mula doon. Sa pagmamadali, may nasagi akong lalaki na papasok naman sa elevator. I heard him said sorry while I just raised my free palm in the air as a response.

Nagtuluy-tuloy na ako sa unit ko, keyed in the passcode, and then entered the unit.

"You let me win." Salubong niya sa akin pagkapasok ko palang sa maliit na hallway na nagdudugtong sa pinto at sa living area.