Chapter 14

Chapter 14

May sinasabi sa akin si Hazen pero ni-isa walang pumapasok sa utak ko

May sinasabi sa akin si Hazen pero ni-isa walang pumapasok sa utak ko. It's just that his topics were fueled by his aggression towards a lot of things - tyranny, poverty, environmental issues, and animal cruelty. You can't literally but-in when he started speaking. But whatever words coming from his mouth, we always back him up. Because we believe that makes me human. He's literally the human part of humanity.

I am now with Haz for a sponsorship meeting na inanttendan namin kaninang lunch. Apparently kami lang dalawa ni Haz ang available sa araw na ito. Kanina pa natapos ang lunch meeting but up until now, kasama ko pa din siya kasi pareho kaming tinatamad pa umuwi. Heto kami ngayon, tambay sa studio na isang building lang ang layo mula sa kinainan naming restaurant kanina.

And definitely, much to Hazen's possible annoyance on me, my mind wasn't present here right now but with someone else.

Probably the one who's sipping her favorite iced latte somewhere in Makati and the same woman who's updating her social media accounts but doesn't have the time to text me back. She's impossible and adorable frustrating.

"You're just bluffing, man."

Inis na napatingin sa akin si Haz. He's been looking at his laptop kaya hindi niya napapansin that I was just mindlessly listening to him.

"I'm sorry. I'm not at the moment. Come again?"

Ibinaba ko ang aking phone and turned my attention to Hazen. I sighed.

"Never mind, bro. Pag-usapan na lang natin yung taong hinihintay mong magtext. Girl?"

Ibinalik niya ang kanyang focus sa kanyang laptop. He typed profusely sa keyboard niya. One can think that he's channeling his anger in the keyboard. Parang any minute now, kaya niyang masira yung keyboard sa pagpapalatak niya.

Mariin ko siyang tinignan at humugot ng malalim na hininga.

"Yes," I said in a clipped tone.

"Wow, I didn't really expect you to answer that. But anyway, I'm not really expecting until some news broke out the internet and the next thing that will happen is magsusuntukan na lang tayo."

I could hear the sarcasm in his voice. But Haz is, well, Hazz is always sarcastic. And may point naman siya kaya I decided to let the band meet Maudie. I just think na kapag alam ng banda, we could prevent what Westley failed to do. I know they would help me. They are my brothers.

"I will bring her here."

Napangiti ako nang sabihin ko iyon. Because I felt like it's already a big step that I'm taking for my relationship with Maudie. Alam ko naman na kilala niya yung mga kaibigan ko. She already knows me and the band because I know she's been our fan for a very long time. But the main reason why I want her to meet the band is that I want my brothers to know her. Gusto kong makilala nila si Maudie. I want them to see how special she is. Because that's what she is for me - special.