29.HIGHER

Chaise P.O.V

I tried not to act optimistic all the time but then things worked out for me, it became harder not to hope.

"Then we will see each other more often, Miss Poucha." Lucas Lumberton extended his hand for a shake and I obliged after all now we will be doing business together.

The day didn't go to waste.

Flashes of him pushing me off, stumbling back on my steps, and falling on the sofa, the hatred reflected from his eyes, the detestation for me was not consumable. I could only think what did I do to trigger him??? One moment he was between my legs making me higher and the next he cannot bear my presence.

It always has been hard to figure out Markstone.

"Where did you get lost??" Mr. Lumberton shook my hand a little more to bring back my wandering mind to the present state.

I just covered it with a smile that still did not sit well even with me. "Until next time then, Mr.Lumberton."

"Lucas. Call me Luke."

"Luke is just fine. " we both laughed a little at that.

"Chaise. Call me Chaise ." He nodded.

We both walked out of the conference hall and my eyes went back to those black tainted glassed doors as we passed by.

Wasn't I there a moment ago panting and heaving???

'Head out of the gutter, Chaise. ' My conscience mocked at me.

But how could I not think about it??? How could I act as nothing happened?? How could I not content myself that I didn't feel a thing?? How could I withstand him treating me like dirt?? How?? Just how?? 

One second, I was under him reaching the heights higher than ever possible and in the next instant he pushed me down without even realizing how deep I would fall.

"That will be it then, Luke. " I said as I opened the door of his black jet Lamborghini parked just right at the grand entrance of the hotel.

He shook his head in positive before saying, "Chaise, I m having this invitation to a fundraising event and I was hoping you could come with me??"

It was not the first time I was facing these situations.

I have had mustered in it till now. And going there did not means anything less or more but extending your empire a little more for you would get the pleasure to meet another noble specimen

I gave a sincere smile," I would love that. "

"No fucking she won't. " the voice growled behind and I would lie if I didn't feel the goosebumps in me.

I and Luke both turned around only to see a ragging Markstone standing there. His intimidating steps to us, to me, make me nervous. Worst of all I remembered his encounter in the morning and I muster up my courage to face him. I was not that naive Chaise anymore who he thought I feared.

"What the f...." I stopped myself from cursing looking at the people gathered around us," What are you still doing here, Markstone."

"I just came to return this." He said so calmly like he was not barking before. He unfists his fist to show what he came to return and my face painted itself in red.

My fucking panties. Didn't he make me wear it...

The wetness that I felt in between my bare thighs confirmed it that he didn't. I just didn't know I would ever in my entire existent be humiliated this way. I could not dare to look up and see what face Luke was wearing or what Daniel might have thought about me or thinking about all those who are standing close by. I snatched away that black piece of cloth that had the guts to cover me and in the meantime defining my personality. Markstone just stood there smirking at me then at Luke.

"A thank you would just have been fine., you know." He had the guts to say that.

"I didn't know you were here. Long time no see, Markstone." Luke extended his hand for a shake but Izach only narrowed his eyes shrugging it off.

I could never figure out what his arrogance was all about.

"Your fucking work is done, Lumberton now keep moving."

That was all he said before I was dragged by my arm and led inside the nearest hall. Daniel rushed after us asking him to stop and Drake in alert mode too. Suddenly everything was in chaos just the way he entered my life.

"Leave her Markstone, " Luke yelled walking faster to keep with Izach's pace.

 But before he could reach or anybody could stop this psychotic extremely rich hunk he pushed me inside the hall," Moment of privacy." He said shutting the door not in just one's face but all of them who were there outside.

And then it knocked in my shitty mind that he just ruined every damn thing I built till now. What would my staff think about me?? That tough and stiff boss of their now manhandled by the world's most renowned mogul.

Wasn't the bitter words thrown at me in the morning was enough to satiate his hunger to humiliate me?? Or the worst scene he just made out of me outside at the lobby did not cool down the fire inside him?? Making others picture me like a slut either could not stop his bull of an ego??

"What the fuck was that??" I screamed at the top of my lungs launching myself at him not caring if outside could hear us.

He held back my both the hands curled up in fists and set them back behind me a little harder than I expected. His angry warm breathe hitting the sideline of my neck. And I could not hold any more to my tough mask, the tears made their entry down my flushed cheeks. Never have I ever thought he would manhandle me like this. Not even in my worst possible dreams.

"I... I ..ju.. just never thought you...you would manhandle me ??"

I didn't know why I said that loud for him to hear. Maybe I wanted him to know how much he hunched low in my eyes today. And at the nick of time, his hands were off me. I took in a deep breath before turning back to face the beast. The beast once I was mistaken to be human. 

He stood there a little shocked but soon composed himself.

I stepped backward maintaining a distance between us before asking," Why did you do that??"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE & COMMENT!