8.BROKEN PROMISES!

It was exactly after six months that I saw her after our nasty divorce.

It was because Linda made us go on a blind date. Her fluttered face. Those big doe eyes shocked to see me. Her biting lips indicating her nervousness. Her forehead forming lines showing she was confused about what to do.

I knew her too well that feared me sometimes that maybe even I didn't know myself as I knew her. I was shocked to see her too.

Six months.

Soo long without seeing her face. Without being with her. I took in her self standing ten meters away from her. Still beautiful. But she had a different glow in her face. The kind of glow she used to have after our wild night together.

This made me halt. Then my eyes wandered to her protruding belly. I looked up at her eyes again to see if it would reflect any emotions to me. They looked red. Like it has been crying for all these months although her face looked chubbier with the glow making her unusually beautiful.

Was she.... was she... I could not even complete the question because Harry appeared from behind and took her hands and pulled her walking away from me. Not once did she look back. And I stood there standing. Frozen on the floor. Her protruding belly and glowing face are all that kept repeating in my mind.

Not after weeks, I heard she moved out of NY. But not alone. With Harry.

Years passed and life went on. They say you can't stay alive without your soulmate. They are all lies I tell you. Motherfucking lies!

They only say that so you keep rotating in that cycle of falsehood and forbid you from going on with your life. I would lie if I didn't see her rise in the business world. Throughout the year she got herself into the list of top twenty. I was not ecstatic but I didn't feel bad or bothered by the fact that she was continuing in life without me. I did the same.

Seeing her here ten years after didn't change anything though. It would never change the fact that we both moved on with our lives. If we were meant to be together, we would not have fallen apart in the first place.

The truth hurts but we were not meant to together. Never ever.

We had the spark in us but it didn't last too long.

We had the drive-in us to go crazy but it was not forever.

Never would it change the fact that Chaise was a chapter of my life. Bittersweet both.

Now if my sister or anybody comes up with the idea of getting us together would be fucking crazy. Because there was nothing left anymore. Maybe we ended it for good. We moved on, she moved on and I moved on, and that there was no looking back in the past. It didn't happen in ten years. Shall not happen too in the coming years.

Seeing her today only made my memories refresh. Our first meeting in the bar, first kiss, first encounter, first knowing each other, first confession of feelings with each other, a first night spent together, our wedding day, her laugh throwing the bouquet of flower, our wedding night, our first fight, our naughty moments, our waking up in each other's arms in the morning, the first night not together, the hurt in her eyes in the bedroom, her fluttered face and her protruding belly and moving forward with Harry not looking once back at me.

It all came back in flashes. And lastly, those eyes looking at me today still lingered inside my mind.

But we were already done. We were like standing in a crowded room without speaking anything. But we had a lot to say. It didn't matter anymore because our story already ended.

___________________________________________

CHAISE'S P.O.V

When I was a little teenager, I always wanted the life of a  celebrity. And now that I have one, it can be summoned in just two great words and that is 'fucking irritating'.