11.SEEMED SHALLOW TO ME!

For maybe it was three hours or four, I didn't know how long and I was still inside the confinement of my suite bedroom in the same dress, shoes on and the black specs covering my eyes from the lightning of the entire room by the sun.

I felt like to stay that way in the same position all day and not be bothered by anyone but I knew it was not possible as I was planning to leave NY tonight without letting anybody know about it.

It was for the best. I said to myself. Everything would fall back to  its own place. Like it was ten years ago. That this feeling I had occupied these past days will freeze again when I fly back to California.

The knock at the door made me sit back and then there was the voice of Daniel, "Miss, sorry for the disturbance but there are some visitors who would not leave till I let them meet you. "

'Fuck again, who wanted to meet me?? I was too emotionally drained to get involved in another yet nonenchanting drama.'

I was ready to deny it immediately when the door barged open and in there came none other than, Matt and his wife, Ticklish.

I got up from the bed and went near them quickly when Matt said, " You dare to stop us Chaise??" and started laughing almost immediately after saying those words masking an expression of great distaste.

In my defense, I quoted in very fast, "I didn't know it was you both. Daniel, you could have said to me the names of the visitors." I glared at him even though he was doing his duty.

He apologized right away and I sent him out to arrange for some refreshments to arrange. In the meantime, I asked both Matt and Ticky, as I used to call her ten years ago to sit in the living area.

I took a sit in front of them and I had almost nothing to say. Suddenly, Ticky as I used to call her ten years ago gave me a bone-crushing hug. To this day I still remember how me, her, and Lin used to be in our girl's squad and have a girls night out, host nostalgia kitty parties, talk shit about our husbands to which Lin makes note of what to include and exclude from her future husband's demeanor list and blah blah... Those were the golden moments of my life. It was so carefree and calm because I had my husband take care of and be worried for me which turned out to be my ex-husband with time and now.

" I missed you so much. And Matt thought it was some fake news that you left with Harry altogether. But I'm so proud of you, of what you've made yourself out. You're an inspiration, Chaise. "Ticky said with a bit of tear in the edge of her eyes and I wiped it off and pulled her in for another hug and mumbled a faint "I missed you too."

"Now you two are acting like the only one present in the room," Matt said.

And we just laughed and extended my arms and we hugged before he patted my small back and pulled off.

"How's life??" I asked.

And the maids came in with tea and pineapple cupcakes, the best service in RAINE MARIE. Matt took two of them and put in his mouth which made us laugh.

"It's been tiring lately. With Isagella turning sixteen. We are planning to throw a big birthday party for her and we came here to invite you. You can't miss it, Chaise. " Ticklish uttered sipping the tea and it was almost overwhelming to hear Isabella turning sixteen, she was only three when I saw her for the first time.

"They grow up so fast. I never thought my girl will be this old that now she doesn't find me her hero and is looking out for her boyfriend." Matt sniffed in the last word.

" Because our daughter is no more a kid, honey. She is a teen." Ticklish kissed her husband's cheeks.

They were always the ideal love birds. I thought sometimes ago, me and Izach surpassed their love but time proved me gut-wrenchingly wrong.